Sun, Oct 6, 4:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Do you have the Poser 5 Handbook?

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:10 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:19 AM

I have the Poser 4 Handbook, but never got the next version.

For those who DID purchase the Poser 5 Handbook, what would have made the book more useful to you?

What topics could have been covered better, and which ones didn't even get a mention? Which ones shouldn't have been mentioned? Still thinking about tutorials. 8-)

Message edited on: 03/01/2005 23:12

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:33 AM

Poser 5 Handbook? Are you referring to the: Poser 5 for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickStart Guide If so, I spoke to the author Mick McAllister, and he said that Peachpit decided to not publish the book after all. Here is something that can help though. I found the link on another site. http://www.poserguide.nimprodaction.com/

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:39 AM · edited Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:40 AM

Thanks for the link, very cool! I was wondering about the book by Shamms Mortier. I was trying to compare to see if the Poser 5 version was any better than the Poser 4 Handbook, and if not, what would have made it better.

Message edited on: 03/02/2005 00:40

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:01 AM

Planning on writing a book? I was a contributer to the P5HB and as a result got a copy for free...there is nothing in the book that a previous poser user who has delved minutly past posing would find helpful. But it has a lot of great content thanks to teh contributers :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:17 AM

Thinking about it, just trying to find out what level reader would get the most out of it.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:44 AM

You should write one for the total newbie to Poser. I had a heck of a time figuring things out. I still can't do anything beyond play dress up and I've had the program almost a year. I got so frustrated so many times that I kept uninstalling the program and then installing it again weeks later to try again. The only room I can do anything in is the pose room; forget any of the others because they are too complicated and the manual is useless. Contact the publisher for the "Dummies" books. There is a "Dummie" book for everything except Poser. They might be interested.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Qualien ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:35 PM

Poser for Dummies? I guess Poser people are 'dummies' in a way (the figures I mean, not the users). But personally I could never stand those "for Dummies" books. The cartoons and stupid jokes only seem like distractions to me.

Maybe we need a Poser Bible. It could start with Genesis, for newbies. "In the Beginning, there is Don, at least in P5..."

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:52 PM

I'm not fond of the dummies books either. 8-) But I do agree about starting from the beginning and working your way up to the more technical stuff. Beginner to intermediate sounds like a good plan to me.

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 12:59 AM

There is a book for newbie Poser users due out as soon as I can get the final touches put on it. Starts with the real basics, then walks users through creating a fairly cool scene. Check Amazon for "Creating and Animating Scenes in Poser". Anthony

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.