Wed, Sep 18, 1:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Reflection Probs

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 1:22 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 10:14 PM

Hiho, I have a prob in poser5 with the reflection of hair. If I render a pic with reflection the reflection of the hair is only wireframe but the rendered hair outside this reflection is textured. Could anybody tell me why the reflection only shows the wireframe? Thank you very much. Lakeesha

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 2:01 PM

Hmm, haven't seen that problem. What are your render settings?

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 2:03 PM

firefly/draft render.. all checked...

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 2:12 PM

Have you tried it with Production render?

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 2:14 PM

mhm... not at the moment.. I'll try it and inform you... poser start

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 2:41 PM

ok, I'm not an expert by any means, but have been doing some renders in P% with reflections and have had no trouble with all items showing in the reflections. Of course I've been using the Magic Mirror materials product...

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 2:47 PM

file_194399.jpg

ok, productionrender doesn't work,too. I attached a little shot to show the problem.

I used the groundplane-reflection for this like a tutorial said in the renderosity tutorial section, and it is really wonderful, but only the hair will not as I will ...

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

Hmm, very strange. Maybe check the hair/prop properties and make sure the "Visible in Ray Tracing" is checked. That's about as far as my thoughts take me.

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:44 PM

It is checked, that was the first I looked for. sigh

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:50 PM

Sorry I wasn't more help. Hopefully someone else will jump in that knows...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:50 PM

This looks like a problem that occurred in the earliest releases of Poser 5. What's your version number?

Lakeesha ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 4:06 PM

It's version number 5.0.0.229

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 4:17 PM

Mine is 5.0.4.325. You definitely want to download the latest SR from Curious Labs.

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2005 at 5:54 AM

I thank you all, could kiss you G I've got the latest SR and now it works :-) Result can be found in the Gallery :)

JeffAlberts ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2005 at 8:51 AM

Thank Little Dragon for that one, good call!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.