Mon, Oct 7, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: laptop resolution

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 7:46 PM ยท edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 10:16 AM

how the hell does one change a laptop resolution?? I seem to be on the dark side..(of life..:P) when I go thru that brycetech thing of black/white strips and color strips. can't find where to change the bright/contrast values..and dang..no buttons... HELP!!!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 8:30 PM

Laptop Resolutions are Set by the LCD used. As an example my IBM ThinkPad 31P is set to 1400 x something. If i reduce the Resoltuion to 800 x 600 than the screen looks Fuzzy Anti-Aliased, because the LCD is not designed for that resolution. I hope I'M making it clear. Laptop LCD's have a maximum resolution that they are set too anything lower looks bad. Now for Contrast, usualy its a combination of FUNCTION Key (FN) plus some symbols that look like Brightness / Contrast like on your PC Monitor.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 9:49 PM

Yeah, you may ned to refer to your manual for deatils. (it all depends on your laptop) If you don't have the manual, try looking for it online. Can't tell you how many times I had to do that when fixing friends/family's PC, and they can't find their manuals to save their life... AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 11:14 PM

AS..unfortunately..I happen to know just where my manual is.. kept safetly with an expired warranty, etc! :P I'll try doing what you two suggested, once I get home. (am on an office PC..nto that the reso here is good either!) Have a toshiba satellite laptop..if that's of any help. will let you know once I get home and work on it... Thanks a billion...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 8:07 AM

I'm familiar with Toshiba laptops working in I.T. for many years I've used all sorts of models.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 8:36 AM

analog..looked it up in the books..as well as did what you gusy said..still have the first three blacks as deep black..can't see the diff. In the cmy color bars.. The cyan is slight, the magenta's first two bars are the same and the first three of the yellows completely the same. The rgb's all have the last two bars as same black.. the Whites in all are bright white. There isn't any problem with the lighter shades. I've gone the brightest as I can... have a satellite 1110 toshiba... help. It's two years old..but been kept pretty well..

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 4:06 PM

file_196400.jpg

If I'm not mistaken the Toshiba 1110 Series comes with ATI Video Card. The Drivers for the ATI have Color settings which includes GAMMA.

So try this.

1. Right Click on your Desktop.
  2. Choose Properties
  3. Select the Tab "Settings" which is the right most tab.
  4. Once on that tab on the Bottom Click on the Advanced button
  5. Find the Color Tab as illistrated in the pic I'm going to attach.

You can try resetting everything to Default as well and see how it goes.

TobinLam ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 6:21 PM

Toshiba must have switched to nVidia just a little while before I got my laptop.

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 6:41 PM

Analog-x- bless ya!got it..and it's there and it worked! Hooray!! Thank you, thnak you, thank you! Muah! :-) :-)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 6:52 PM

Your welcome :) I'm glad I was able to help. As a side note, the nVidia Drivers as well have Gamma Settings its just found differently. Cheers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.