Sun, Oct 6, 1:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: P5 mat room / is it posible to......

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 1:31 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 2:19 PM

ok like every idiot around, im tired of going through entire material list for a character to update the 1 change of 1 node (ie change spec value of head/neck/hand/etc) im guessing would need a script for this i want to have 1 "master" node, say in preview then any node with the same name on rest of the figure/prop would change when that master one is 2nd how do i edit a node name?:)

face_off ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 2:24 PM

If you want to just have one material for all of the body skin materials, just merge those materials in the obj file of the character. There was a post a month or two about how to do this - looks like there are a number of ways. I personally use the Compose utility. The other way is to use a python script. For example the RealSkinShader/HyperReal scripts give you slider control for spec and apply to all materials. Editing a node name....AFAIK, the only way to do this is to save the material, edit the material file in wordpad and change the name, then reapply the material. (You could also edit the pz3 scene file).

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 3:13 PM

i need to keep materials seperate for the most part just want a "global" option for some of the node strings

face_off ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 3:51 PM

Mmmm, well that may be more difficult. There is probably some sort of python solution you could write, but it would not be simple. Sorry I can help more....

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 3:55 PM

Anxcon, I feel your pain. face off I plan on purchasing, both the Real and HyperShaders, but while playing with material setup made from your tutorial, I found my self wishing for a All-Body, All-Head material so I can just plug the nodes and be done to render. Eyes I can borrow from the different packages I own. I also found myself wishing for consistent Mat Poses for similar clothing. The Catsuits for the Millenium Characters all have a slightly different way of apply mats to them. Wish I could take one setup and use it for another.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 3:59 PM · edited Thu, 10 March 2005 at 4:01 PM

accually (btw usin V3) can i make a new material
which is the head/neck/torso/etc (skin) in 1 mat
then the head/neck/torso/etc materials can still be used as normal?
its just assigning 2 materials to the same polys

Message edited on: 03/10/2005 16:01

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 4:14 PM

Poser always seems to do things the hard way. Just look at the Library panel. I designed something for my C4D plugin with ten times the simplicity (a tree system) which means no clicking deeper and clicking shallower and scrolling 300 items to get to the subfolders and no elaborate 'system' of menus and iconic display to get where you want - accessed just like a folder/file tree, nothing else needed. They could learn a thing or two from DirectoryOpus. Same with the Materials. Multi-level lists of menus (which are always so nice to oblige a missed click or jerky mouse movement by disappearing) just to get where you want when you could have any better system (MacOSX's folders system, for instance) to move through a hierarchy. Ce la vie...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 4:16 PM · edited Thu, 10 March 2005 at 4:18 PM

My mad method in the meantime for saving SOME point-and-click time.

I have a node setup for both body and head. As stated above I use MatPoses for Eyes from other purchased packages so I dont worry about those too much.

I select the Poser Suface for the SkinTorso and apply the material/node-setup. I then right-click the title bar for the Poser Surface, click SELECT All and this highlights the Poser Surface AND all attached nodes. Right-click again and APPLY TO ALL. Click to confirm.

At this point the WHOLE model has the Body texture/material/node-setup. Now to fix the Head.

Pick SkinHead from the Materials Menu and apply to this the Head texture/material/node-setup and then select SkinScalp and apply the Head texture/material/node-setup.

Kick back out to the Pose tab and go to the Poses portion of the library and pick a set of MatPose eyes. This will clear out the Body texture/materials/node-setup.

It's not an all-in-one shot thing, but once you have your tex/mat/nodes setup, three basic steps and you're done.
Edit: Don't forget Eyelash and Eyebrow TMaps (so 4-5 Steps :) )
Hope this helps somewhat.

Message edited on: 03/10/2005 16:18

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 4:33 PM

I was just asking about this as well today, and there's a thread about P5 animated water, and a possible python script solution to it.. haven't tried it yet here though.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.