Fri, Sep 20, 9:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Need Help suggestions please?

Randys ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 8:09 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:08 AM

file_200704.jpg

I can't figure this out I keep getting blue tints to my shadows it's in the RAW file I'm not trying to step on the hue or color settings hard. I'm using auto white balance in the camera. It may be a consequence of the settings 200 iso between 1000 and 1600 shutter speed 6 to 8 aperture. Given that I may never know exactly what is causing it how do I fix it with out blowing out the rest of the whites or blacks ? Any ideas would be appreciated. Randy

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 11:21 AM

A fine Image...I am obviously not in a position to give RAW advice...but...one day I will be :]

danob ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 11:50 AM

Well in view of the quality gear you have I would suggest this may be to do with slight underexposure from flash as a possible culprit here or the available light reflecting off those wonderfully white feathers

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

ReBorneUK ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 12:10 PM

?!? Riiiiight.... You must be even more of a perfectionist than me, coz this looks fine here..... or maybe the 'self-rectifying' spell I cast on my monitor has kicked in ;-) (",)

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 12:27 PM

I agree, does not seem bad to me. I know postwork would take care of it easily but I'm guessing you want an in-camera fix. The other colors/highlights and midtones don't seem affect so I wouldn't mess with color balance. I think danob might be right about the white feathers and reflected light...I'd need to see more to give further input.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 1:21 PM

Hm. I think I see it, not only on the wing, but on the shadowed part of the neck, too. A silly suggestion in opposition to TwoPynts's one. Could you nudge your white balance just a tiny little bit towards the warmer part of the spectrum and then try?

-- erlik

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 1:52 PM

Hey, any advice as long as it works, right!? ;]

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

ReBorneUK ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 2:02 PM

Hmm. I'd say Not So, TeePee. If I said "Get a junior hacksaw and commence sawing your big toe off while looking at the picture and you'll not notice the blue" It would work. I doubt, however, that it would be preferrential to adjusting the camera white balance. Phhhhht! :-P (",)

Randys ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 2:22 PM

I know it's is a small thing but it really bugs me. I'll try and move the white point some toward the yellow (warmer)It could be the sky tinting the shadows maybe bright blue sky that day. Plus it is underexposed too far for the fill flash to work that much. I do have some ideas to try thanks. Randy

tvernuccio ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 5:56 PM

jeesh...what a incredible capture Randy!!!! i'm totally impressed. can't help you with your problem though. :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.