Wed, Sep 18, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 5 Infinite question(about exporting)

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 4:23 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:37 PM

Can the new version of Vue export the trees/plants that it makes, or just terrains? I also noticed that it supports Cinema4D export options( a program that I use alot), has anyone tried this function or have any experience with exporting scenes from Vue in general. Also, the ecosystem function looks VERY interesting,If you use it on a small scale(like 10-20 trees/plants)....can that be exported? I am mainly interested in Vue if I can export the plants and trees really.Do the older versions of vue support plant/tree export? Thanks for looking and any answers you may provide.

I eat babies.

impish ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 4:32 AM

Vue 4 Pro can export plants.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 5:02 AM

That includes trees too, right? thanks for the reply.

I eat babies.

Belgareth ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 6:00 AM

Yes. I exported a full scene into Max from Vue 4 Pro. I have Vue Infinite, but have not tried exporting anything using the Eco System yet.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 6:35 AM

Thanks for the info,If I can get trees and plants(even if they are exported as single object) I should be happy( I can do instancing in C4D using texture maps just like the eco-system so its not too much of a problem).Thanks guys, looks like Vue will be a future purchase for me.

I eat babies.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 6:52 AM

A quick test with a terrain with simple eco-system saved to 3ds and then reloaded, gave me just the terrain.

Mark

krimpr ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 6:55 AM

TwistedBolt: Another option (since you're a Cinema and AE user) is to create your Cinema scene and use the included Synchronizing plug-in to export (animated)lighting, camera, etc. values into Vue and then composite them. That way you get the best of both worlds; doing your scene creation with all of the virtues of Cinema (particles, etc) with all of the natural strengths of Vue with animated plants, ecosystems, and atmosperes. It is a liberating possibility that will be what I most look forward to experimenting with my Lightwave.

krimpr ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 7:05 AM

yggdrasil: I'm not surprised that ecosystems are not exportable. For example: Phoul's animation with an estimated 120,000 animated soldiers. If that ecosystem were exportable you'd crash pretty much anything outside a small cray supercomputer. (In jest, of course...) It is Vue's unique way of handling of these properties which makes it possible at all. Since Cinema does not handle this technique natively I'm not surprised that it it wouldn't export that way. I can't blame you for trying though, and am glad you did. Now I don't have to try it :)

yggdrasil ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 7:20 AM

Yeah, I didn't expect a full-on export, but maybe some sort of limited decimated mesh?

Mark

war2 ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 8:26 AM

i would do it the other way aswell as krimpr suggested, do your stuff in c4d and use the sync plugin to get it into v5I and finish it up there.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 11:36 PM

Thanks for the replys everyone, It should be fine then if I can do syncing of the scenes.

I eat babies.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:41 AM

Guys. Oh well does Vue export scene in obj? And is it a fully texture scene, including a sky dome? Thanks. Brian

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.