Sat, Oct 5, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Damping Down The Lair/Cavern (W,I,P pt2) + Fluid Movie

Becco_UK ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 6:13 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 8:07 AM

Attached Link: http://digital-depictions.com/images/CUFMov1b.mov

file_202661.jpg

Just before finishing off last night I left a fluid sim to do its thing. This image was the result and for those interested in viewing a Quicktime Movie (2.5MB) then please follow the direct link. The structure is the free DAZ Cavern/Lair thingy and the scene is being developed for when Poser 6 arrives. Thanks for taking a look.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 6:25 AM

Movie is cool! What tools are you using to produce this effect? Will you be able to 'texturize' the fluid? Is there a way to inject variance and randomness into the down spout(s) because while the out-spash fluid has a lot of credibility, the downspouts might be more realistic with some 'noise' added to them. ::::: Opera :::::

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 7:16 AM

Phoser 6 Python skript? Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Becco_UK ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 7:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.nextlimit.com/realflow/index.html

file_202664.jpg

Thank you for the comments. I should have mentioned this scene is intended for a future Poser 6, static, gallery submission. I agree with operaguy about the downspout (a little motion blur should help?). I'm assuming Poser 6 will have a similar, or better, material room than Poser 5, which I find very good. Standard Poser 6 materials can (hopefully) be applied to the 'fluid' and may produce something much better than this quick preview image, which is using a simple glass shader. A licenced copy of RealFlow3 from Next Limit Technologies generated the 'fluid' effect. A usable demo is available from their site. That's about it for this W.I.P until Poser 6 arrives.

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 8:07 AM

WOW Becco_UK, what a terrific animation. Bravo!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.