Sat, Oct 5, 6:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Plugins saved my ass & a lot of time!

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 3:35 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 4:12 PM

file_203065.jpg

Just to show what ArchiTools can do if you need a village very quickly. Thanks Julien! The river is from a texture map & Anything Grooves. I also found a good use for the 'flat' shading method in the Eric Winemillers's ProShaders, you can make very fast 'mask'-renders when changing your shaders to a black and white flat version (without the need to change other parameters), turn up the ambient light and you have a mask in minutes! In this case I made a render with high value an no interpolation, without bump, but that rendered the river invisible. It was present in an earlier version (with interpolation spots & flakes), so after that quick mask it was lifted. Thanks Eric! The DOF was post-worked with the excellent 'lens blur' in Photoshop, with help of the 'Distance' alpha channel. This image took a little time because of those plugins. In the first version there were streets and sidewalks in other colors, so I prepped the layout in Illustrator. I almost bought 'Replica' for this, but I had no time to figure out if that would make things even faster. I made someone who wanted to tell a story about 'database marketing' very happy with this picture. *(If you are interested, the houses with the green flag are clients, the blue are people that could be clients, so they should be mailed with a fantastic offer.)*

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 3:41 AM

Great image Ruud!! Yes, you're right, with some plug-ins you can save a lot of time! Why don't you post it in the gallery? -TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 3:47 AM

Well, it's just an infographic-type of thing... But it shows a side of Carrara. You're right. I will put it in the gallery.

Totyo ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:18 AM

Very nice job ! and yes, it show that plugins can add a lot to a software and workflow !

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:46 AM

Which house is yours? Nice work.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:53 AM

file_203066.jpg

Here's a silly one that came in for me to do shortly after Replica came out. They told me in the wanted gravel and I thought, "Oh, great. There's four hours shot. Hey, wait a minute that's easy!)

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:30 PM

I think both hoof and Mark have great final results! Go Plug-ins! -Kix

-Kix

Vidar ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 5:57 PM

great work by Hoof and Mark,i also like the plugins from Julien and Eric,the plugins are great.

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 2:56 AM

file_203067.jpg

An extract from one of my latest images with a good plug in, Anything Grows:-) In this case i've made some tests using tip objects instead of AG strands. I'm really satisfied with the result, because the fur is very soft. I've used a simple 2d vertex triangle. The nice thing is that the geometry of the triangle is lighter than the strands and it require less memory (it seems, right Eric?). -TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 2:59 AM

Ooops, Mark! Really good image, every detail is just perfect! -TOXE

Vidar ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 3:02 AM

the fur looks awesome TOXE.

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 7:31 AM

TOXE,

You're right, your method is currently 1/2 the facets that doing it with strands would be.

I thought that if segments was set to 1, sides to 2, and taper to 0 that it would be the same, but a quick test and it looks like it's generating two facets/strand for that even though it's a triangle. I'll need to get that fixed.

Cool looking critter BTW.

Regards,
Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
3D plug-ins for Carrara
http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

chuckerii ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:32 AM

Looking good TOXE! It looks very soft and fuzzy indeed... kind of like a Muppet. :-) Maybe you could show us your setup in Anything Grows? ;-)

Chuck

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:38 AM

file_203070.jpg

Hi Chuck,

i have heard some days ago from someone in this forum (maybe falconperigot?) that it's possible to attach a text file. This is the browser file of Anything Grows settings. Change the extension to .cbr and the game is done (i hope):-P

-TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:58 AM

The 'pelo3' file has to be made to make it work, I think, and if I'm right it should be triangle that is in the Z-direction, pointing in the Z-direction. I am rendering a fuzzy ball right now...

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:04 AM

Eh. Or the other way around?

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:13 AM

file_203071.jpg

Ooops, here is the file:-) Switch the name to .car and import it in the scene and use it as tip object. -TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:16 AM

It's enough difficult to reach a similar result of my image, because i've forgot to say that the attached file is a double sided triangle <> :-)

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:25 AM

Okay. I have the right pelo3 now. ... is the smoke out of the back of my computer something to worry about while rendering?...

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:41 AM

mmmh... Really strange you're using Primivol? -TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:49 AM

Not yet. But maybe some hidden particle plug-in I knew nothing about...?

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:55 AM

file_203073.jpg

Nice! I will keep this knowledge in my toolbox. And your files too! Thanks for sharing!

chuckerii ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:02 PM

Thanks TOXE... the files worked great! Maybe I'll post a render later if I get something good cooked up with it. ;-) Thanks again for the help, that's a nice setup for short fur. Chuck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.