Thu, Sep 19, 8:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: V5I export

DMM ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 3:22 PM ยท edited Sat, 24 August 2024 at 4:55 PM

Has anyone had any luck exporting a Lightwave scene or object from V5I? I haven't managed anything yet, and I don't know why. I go through the motions, click save, but nothing seems to happen. The manual doesn't tell me any different.

krimpr ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:43 PM

I'll give it a shot for you in a couple of days when my copy arrives DMM. I know that my V4pro does it, although very slowly. Be gentle with your mesh and texture resolutions. Probably your best option is to export a low res scene from Vue to do your LW camera and object animation (or still) and then do a camera synch and render the Vue scene in Vue. Composite the two together from there. That way you can exploit the best of both of your apps. Just a thought.

DMM ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:10 PM

Yeah, I hear you :D I can do it in V4Pro, but V5I seems to do nothing. I like to export really low-res scenes into LW to get the camera & objects moving as I like them, then import the camera data back into Vue. Obviously this is interfering with my workflow somewhat :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.