Sat, Sep 7, 8:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Figured out Bryce Lightning Over Internet

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 7:04 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

I was trying to find some info about Bryce Lightning over the Internet and didnt find much info. So I decided to figure it on my own. Ok here goes. Bryce Lightning Listens to ports 28257 and 28258 So I configured my router to listen to Ports 28257-28258 and did a test render and it worked. :) Now if there was a way to specify what ports Bryce Was using for lightning than I could offer more than 1 PC. I'm tempted to offer rendering services this way to anyone who wants it, but there are some issues. I have a Total of 4 PC's at this time that I can use to render with Bryce. Without getting into Legal issues if anyone ever wants anything rendered that would other wise take a long time. Example an Animation or Very High Quality Render. I will gladly render the image on my systems. I have plans to add more to the farm. :)

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:45 PM

Would be awesome to have a downtime "render net database." A program waits for a certain period of inactivity and then launches lighting. You submit your IP adress to the list and download the list from the web. You need to have the router configured as analog-x has done. Then when you need to render something, just press the refresh thingy and some computers should be on and waiting. But...most people have dynamic IP adresses, and big bryce files take forever to send over a 15k/up connection.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 12:25 AM

madmax try doing it on a 56k dialup. It would be quicker for me to do the rendering myself LOL @Analog Would love to do this but like i said being on a 56k dialup wont help me much. Thanks anyway :)

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 4:33 AM

excellent Ax, thanks a lot for the info!!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 4:35 AM

I'm fortunate in that I have a 5Mbit BroadBand Connection, and my IP address does not change that often.

weirdass ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 6:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.weirdass.net

That's the most intriguing idea I've heard around here in years. Please keep me in the loop on this one. -Mitch

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 6:08 PM

Imagine if we could organize something where we have at least one hundred machines ready with Bryce Lighting ready to render? What would normaly take a week to render could be done in a day.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 6:12 PM

If anyone wants to render using my Remote PC. Send me an email to analogx@removethispartoftextrogers.com Just cut out "removethispartoftext" from above email address. I dont like my e-mailed fished via Web Spiders.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:19 AM

So... is THAT what Bryce Lightning is for??? I wondered. Fran

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:44 PM

Yes Bryce Lightning allows for Multiple PC's to be used to render a single image or animation. Via local Lan or Internet if setup properly.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.