Thu, Sep 19, 8:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Attn Nerd, Stewer, Mec4D or resident P6 gurus

squid69 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 3:21 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 8:39 PM

PLaying around last night and noticed the Gather node in raytracing. According the manual, it says something about colorbleeding (it sounds like one could fake radiosity). Tried hooking it up various ways, no dice. Any suggestions?

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 3:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2174088#30

The only mention I can remember seeing so far.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 3:46 PM

Beware... the gather node, although you don't have to use any "lights" in the scene with it... takes FOREVER to render. Especially at high settings, where there is no artifacting.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

squid69 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 4:21 PM

Thanks

squid69 ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2005 at 5:02 AM

I haven't tried what stewer suggests in the post above (using gather to create "global radiosity"), but so far it has worked very well in "local radiosity"/color bleed context. Now, how to apply this to a NJessiFairyIanambientoccluded/dirtynutsTWAtrollandS.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.