Mon, Sep 9, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Banner Question

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:47 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

file_210372.jpg

I've not seen one before but while on the site today I got the attached banner up. I'm not complaining just wondering whether Renderosity sells banner space to anyone for any reason, or whether this is some sort of glitch somewhere.

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Birddie ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 7:26 AM

yep, I've seen this, they probably do. All commercial site sell banner space these days. :)

bjergtrold ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 7:47 AM

Hmm, Renderosity sells out to Tribalfusion.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

Birddie ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 8:04 AM

Thant dam Tribualfusion just put an unwanted cookie in my cookie folder!!! :/

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 11:36 AM

It's a shame, especially if they are putting unwanted cookies on peoples machines. I hate that. John

lundqvist ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 11:58 AM · edited Tue, 29 March 2005 at 11:59 AM
Online Now!

You could try Firefox and download the ad-blocker extension. You'll never see a Rendo banner ad again :)

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 11:59

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 12:21 PM

I dont mind seeing banner adds here at all. I thought that they were for the promotion and furthering of an artists community, which for the most part they are. I just find it slightly dissapointing that they are sold to non community and expecially non art related buyers. Still business is business John

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 1:51 PM

I haven't seen that one (Netscape). All I see are 'rosity merchant banners, usually horizontal views of scantily clad young women. But half the time, the banner space is blank, although I didn't select any pref to block anything.

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 2:10 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2005 at 2:11 PM

If you dont see banners being displayed and arent blocking them. Then the system is kicking in and not displaying them.

We have logic built in so that when server load reaches x amount it stops displaying banners to help serve up pages.

FYI,
Clint

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 14:11

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 2:42 PM

I wondered why they dissapeared every once in a while :) John.

Birddie ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 11:28 PM

I dont mind banners but I DO mind cookie trackers! :/

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 12:19 PM

yah I do not see banner 1/2 the time either

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 4:43 AM

I mind cookies... and I HATE the irritating scrolling-back-and-forth-until-I'm-seasick or bouncing-like-a-4-year-old-on-a-sugar-high banners. These merchants are driving me away! Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.