Thu, Sep 19, 8:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: I am an ultra geek!!! - AMD vs. P4 render speed

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:20 PM ยท edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

I know I know, the EULA says wed can't do this but I just could not resist. I got a new computer today and just had to pit them against each other in a render speed test. I don't know all the particulars of the FSB and all that stuff but my AMD 2700+ rendered a scene in 3'22" while the P4 3.2 Gig did the same scene in 3'18". The AMD had the advantage of 2x the RAM 2 Gig vs. the P4 which only had access to 1 Gig. Anyhow I thought it was interesting. Has anyone else tested processors like this or know of a thread that I could look at to see this kind of thing? Thanks.

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 21:20

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 2:10 AM

I opened a benchmark-topic a few month before....not much participation there but maybe it helps you a bit..... http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2063904

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 7:20 AM

I'm curious why it thinks I have 2 processors myself.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.