Mon, Sep 9, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser6 crashes on opening files?????

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 3:25 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:35 AM

Is anyone else having problems with Poser6 crashing when you click on File-Open? as i can't opens any saved files... Is there a fix for this? or does anyone know how to stop it? And yep i received my boxed P6 today (in the UK)...horahhh and i love it already, apart from the open bug...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 4:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Windows or Mac? If it's windows you may need to update your open GL driver software. Switch the display to SreeD and see if it still crashes. Nerd3D

Nevermore ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:10 PM

Yeap, similar to the problem I had today when I installed it - try installing new graphics card drivers and you should be sorted, that's what I did and have had no stability problems since.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 6:19 PM

Thankyou all, I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, and now all is sorted, and im grinning like a cat with too many food bowls...lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

onimusha ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 7:09 PM

New graphics drivers fixed it with me... in Win XP pro...

BonzaiGopher ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 12:21 PM

Hi all, I'm having a similar problem - twice I've tried saving the Winter Queen figure; P6 crashes every time I try to open it. Just did a test with the default figure in a running pose and it opens okay! Help?!?! I'm running Win XP Pro on a 2.6GHz (2GB RAM) machine with an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (updated drivers as of 2 days ago). I'm using P6 with the default settings (SreeD), although I did try Open GL to see if that would make a diff. If I can create and render scenes without any problems, why would my video driver cause problems loading a scene? Thanks in advance for any advice, Bonzai Gopher

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.