Mon, Sep 9, 8:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Cloth room and Conforming clothing???

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 4:55 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 5:32 PM

Ok here's the question, can i use an item of clothing that is conformed to V3 and treat a part of that clothing as Dynamic in the cloth room? i ask this because i have a top that has a cape attached to it, and i would like the top conformed and the cape dynamic. I know i can seperate the two and treat both seperately, but i would rather have it as one object and use as both dynamic and conforming for different areas.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:13 PM

I believe the dynamic item has to be a separate element, and not part of a posable figure. I'd be quite happy if someone could prove me wrong, though.

thixen ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:26 PM · edited Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:27 PM

LD is right (at least for P5, I can't make any comment on P6) it has to be a prop. Way to get around this, export only the cape as a obj file. reimport the obj, parent that to the original cape (and place it ontop of that cape) you may have to scale it down a bit (you can also try inhernet bends of parent, but I've never done that so I don't know) and then make the original invisible. Save the prop to your lib.

What you have now is a prop of the cape that is on top of the original and will move with it. You can now use this seperate prop in the clothing room.

Message edited on: 04/07/2005 17:27

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:42 PM

Nope, LD is wrong. (Wow, words I never thought I'd utter. ^_~) The dynamic part can be part of a conforming figure, BUT it must not have a standard bodypart name. For instance, I've done this with the V3 Morphing Fantasy Dress: Select the hip, rename it to something else (I use drape), and clothify it. It works, although in P6 it got a little wonky around the join to the abdomen. (Not badly exploding wonky, just a bit baggy.) So, in my experience, what you're clothying must be all in one group. (I don't think I could clothify the hip and abdomen as one piece unless I regrouped the dress), and you must give it a non-standard-bodypart name.

thixen ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:46 PM

Humm FS never tried that. I may have too.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:47 PM

Is the cape a single "Body part" or is it split into several groups ?

If it's a single part you can clothify it, but you will add some constrained vertices to stop it from dropping off.

You may run into trouble depending on what the geometry is like near where the cape is attached to the rest of the item.
It could be difficult or impossible to select the right vertices for the constrained group.
Also the Cloth Simulator may not cope if the cape is effectively trapped between two other bits of non-clothified mesh.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:48 PM

file_216009.jpg

Found a pic. This was with the cloth room (in P5), not with the built in morphs. You can only see the back due to the texture/transmap I used, but it gets the idea. You can see a little bit of a crunch at the hip (righthand side of the pic), and it might be a skosh worse in P6 (I haven't tried this pose there.)

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:48 PM

Thanks all and Fyrespryt, i thought it would go something like that, so now im off to give it a try, back soon with the results.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 6:39 PM

Nope, LD is wrong. (Wow, words I never thought I'd utter. ^_~) Hey, I've been wrong before. And, if necessary, I'll defend-to-the-death my gods-given right to be wrong again. :) Thanks, FyreSpiryt.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 7:32 PM

bmark

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:47 PM

HUmm, I have to check this out as well... I always thought it was impossible, but I can see some real inovations, dresses with conforming tops and dynamic skirts. "real" acting poet shirts! Wow, got to go experiment now! Concidering I've been working more in the cloth room since getting P6 this is really exciting! mike

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 5:07 AM

This is definitely one for my "things to remember" file.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 6:49 AM

I'd love to see "partially conforming clothing". I always have a problem with dynamic tops getting stuck in the armpits and dying. Maybe make the tight troublesome bits conforming, and leave flowing sleeves and skirts. That'd be great.

rowan_crisp ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:50 AM

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 2:02 PM

To solve the problem of "troublesome bits" getting stuck, the people who create the items could add the appropriate vertices to the constrained group before distributing the item.

The same would apply to bits that should belong to the soft or rigid decorated groups.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.