Sat, Oct 5, 6:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: P6 download - How big?

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 7:24 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 2:45 AM

OK I'm scheming up a plan to tric.... umm convince my wife that buying P6 as an 'investment in my future' as I'm going to start actively pursuing a career in graphic design. What I want to k now is how big is the download for P6. I really dont want to become the newest member of the wait club if my plan works, but will if it is impractical for me to download it and burn it Btw I have a 8gb Dvd burner so disc size wont be a limitation

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 7:31 AM

Can't remember exactly, but it's a CD full so ~700MB

Mark

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:34 AM
Site Admin

It's 689 MB I think. And shade LE is something like 390 MB.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

yp6 ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:49 AM

Add another 25 meg from Content Paradox for the figure updater...

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:56 AM

so in other words if you download it have a download manager installed.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 9:00 AM

GetRight is the one they recommend.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:08 AM

I have downloaded without download manager DSL 128/512 4 hours

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:34 AM · edited Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:37 AM

Well if I get the approval toaday before 2:00 I'll probably dl it at work. I'm sitting on a t3 line so the bottle neck will be them not me.

thanks though. I've dled bigger so I don't think any of this is that big an issue. Now to switch into 'sales person mode' It helps that my birthday is at the end of the month and that fathers day is coming up as well and we just got a $2000.00 check from my inlaws. So it's looking good, but I've also seen my wife squeeze blood from a penny.

Message edited on: 04/08/2005 10:37

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 7:36 PM

We'll cross fingers for you. Letting her know some of the ways Poser HAS been used commercially might help with the persuasion. I'm disabled and can't do production work any more, but a theatre ad here and a CD cover there help with the financial juggling. Website graphics, restaurant menus, ads for the newspaper or yellow pages, company annual reports... all sorts of areas can be explored depending upon your background and focus. Decades ago when I was freelancing as a commercial artist I did business cards, logo design, ads, cassette covers, whatever, and didn't know from one week to the next whether I'd be drawing raincoats, antique typewriters, Egyptian musicians, or saints with lilies. It would have been a lot easier to do it on the computer! Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.