Sat, Oct 5, 7:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: P6 shadow problem

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 8:32 PM ยท edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 3:37 AM

This doesn't seem related to the below posts so I'm creating a new one. Whenever I disable shadows in the P4 and/or Firefly renderers, I can never get them back again until I start a new document. I've tried different light sets and shadow settings, nothing works. During render, what I think is the "Rendering Shadow Maps" message appears for a split second, but I get no shadow. I do not have "save shadow maps" turned on. Any ideas?

Likos ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 7:13 AM

Do raytraced shadows work?

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 2:11 PM

"Do raytraced shadows work?" No, they don't work either. As far as I can tell, the only way I can get shadows back is to start a whole new document. Later I'll try saving the scene and opening it again to see if that does it.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 11:45 PM

ohhh - nooo... my favorite toys fubar? Say it ain't so Jack! (As yet to delve into P6 potential with lights.)

Jackson ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 1:25 PM

It might just be me; I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem. BTW: I just found out raytraced shadows don't work at all, even when depth map shadows are. When I change a light from depth map to raytraced shadows, I do get the box saying "rendering shadow map" but no shadow renders.

Likos ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 10:45 AM

I had the problem where it would not render depth mapped shadows but it seems to render raytraced ones ok. (now if i can get the right combo on AO to get rid of artifacts!) I'm on a Mac so there may be a slight difference in the issue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.