Thu, Sep 19, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: V5I Scene files corrupted

creed2003 ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 9:22 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Any one else have this problem??? I made two scene's and rendered an image from them. I then saved the files because I wanted to go back and make some changes and render them again before I posted my images. Now the scene files won't load in, they get partial loaded and then I get an error message and Vue crashes. All my other scene files load in fine, it's just these two that won't work. It's very upsetting as now I have to start all over again.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 9:53 PM

they have poser content in the scenes don't they. are u using a mac? yes it happens to me love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

creed2003 ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 10:32 PM

Yes they have Poser content in them but I'm on a regular pc not a Mac.

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 10:38 PM

There is a new update. Hope that helps.

Polax ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 1:08 AM

With some luck, maybe the .bak in the scene folder is not corrupted? rename them whatever.vue and try, who knows ? :)

creed2003 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 1:41 AM

no luck, had to delete them and start over.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 2:01 AM

Is there any dynamic content in the Poser stuff you have imported? Would be interesting to know. A workaround until this is fixed is - when the Poser work is done - to ungroup the imported Poser object and regroup that after. This destroys the connection to Poser and makes it a normal Vue object.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

creed2003 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 3:11 AM

No there is no dynamic content in the Poser objects. I also downloaded the new update and that didn't work either. What I'm going to do this time when I remake the scenes is to save the Poser objects as a .vob and reload it into the scene. If that doesn't work then I give up!!!!

creed2003 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 3:15 AM

file_220227.jpg

Here's one of the scenes I lost. I wasn't done with it but just rendered a test image to see how it looked. Now that the file is corrupt I can't go back and finish it. I wanted to try a different atmo and put some potted plants in the scene but can't do that now!!!

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 3:33 AM

The save as vob and reload it then does not help neccessarily. The Poser connection may still be there. Try it out first. I say "may" because i am on Mac and it could be different in the two versions. Of course, if a vue-file is corrupted it will not reload again - whatever update you use. A corrupted file is bad luck and happened before with all Vue versions from time to time. Depending what happened when you saved the original file. For example when Vue was in an unstable situation already because an error accured - maybe one that you haven't noticed but happened. Or a crash in the middle of saving. I had that as well before.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

creed2003 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 4:32 AM

Such is life, I guess...............

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 5:01 AM

I've had several scenes like that (PC) no Poser. But, they were large, not counting ecos. About half way through loading, I'd get a message that Vue couldn't open scene, and crash. Strangely enough, I'd try again, even a third time, and eventually they would load.

www.lingriffin.com

urig ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 6:14 AM

Same problem here with poser content in it. Two figures (DAZ Skeleton & P4Man) with dynamic hair. V5I with latest update.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 6:27 PM

I've found if you save as compressed they are always corrupted. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 10:32 AM

Well, I kind of have the same problem, except that I have no Poser content. Here's what happenned: I had a scene in Vue5 Pro Sudio that I wanted to tweak in Infinite, by adding eco-systems. It all worked fine until I decided I needed one more patch of grass to cober a tree base. I dropped the grass from the plant editor and placed it, Vue crashed, reloaded the scene a few times, and finally saved it the way I wanted it. When I tried to reopen it, an error message tells me Vue5Infinite can't open the file... Since it is now populated with eco-system, I can't open it anymore in ProStudio! I run on XP home edition.

creed2003 ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 10:14 PM

Hmmm, any one else running XP??? I have XP home edition too. Maybe that's the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.