Sat, Sep 7, 8:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: "Robots" Movie.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 9:57 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 3:31 PM

I saw "Robots" on IMAX (Large screen format) a few days ago and I noticed something through out the entire movie which could either be a rendering problem or an artifact of IMAX. In almost every scene with a close up of one of the Robots, there was some sort of (best I can describe) noise around the edges of the eyes in almost everyscene. This was not apperant in the any Glass Spheres or Reflective domes, just the eyes. Anyone else notice this?

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 10:10 PM

They did have lots of nice scenes where the Texture maps and lighting looked amazing.

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 10:38 PM

i've seen it, but not on imax, so i can't be sure. it might just be weird refraction.

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2005 at 6:49 PM

Did it look like "anti-aliasing" noise? I've noticed this on some spherical objects on CG animation on DVDs on my TV at home.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2005 at 9:09 PM

Yes, Anti-Aliasing noise but only for the Eyes I didnt notice this problem on other Spherical objects in the movie. This movie is made by the same people as "ICE AGE" the rendering is great, just something I noticed through out the movie.

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 6:22 AM

Maybe the greater contrast between the whites of the eyes and other colors is why? i.e. more "tween" colors with white?

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.