Mon, Sep 9, 4:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: CP - I still can't checkout! Arrghhh

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:47 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 9:17 PM

This is getting extrememly irritating!
I have a totally normal install of Poser 6 on a perfectly ordinary Win2K system (SP4) and using totally standard Explorer 5.5.

And I still CANNOT get stuff from Content Paradise! So I'm missing the freebies, I can't get the P6 update file - neither from within Poser or from a standard browser.

I am getting MAD now. I normally have lots of patience, but it's running out.

I finally, finally got to register (!!) and login(!!!) after some things were changed on the server - but 'checkout' still bombs every time. And I'm not even buying anything - just trying to get freebies and update.

Come on CL - fix this!!!

:] Fish

Message edited on: 04/23/2005 16:48

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:59 PM

Fish, Have you tried a different Browser other than IE?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

krazik ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 11:18 PM · edited Sat, 23 April 2005 at 11:22 PM

Fish,

You didn't reply to my last PM. There are known problems with IE 5.x implementation SSLv3 and how OpenSSL interacts with it.

Is there a reason you aren't using a current version of IE or Firefox? :edited for type-os

Message edited on: 04/23/2005 23:22

artbyphil ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 12:14 PM

I still have this problem too. I've tried the latest version of internet explorer and mozilla firefox but it still won't work

Huolong ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 1:33 PM

If a site doesn't respond to the most common browsers being used, the site is unresponsive to the market place and should not expect to be taken seriously by it's customers.

Gordon

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 1:59 PM

Yes, I did reply to your last PM - twice. Or so I thought. I now see that there are 2 PMs that are almost identical, 2 days apart - I may have missed that. I finally gave up and went out here to see if anyone knows what's going on. I use IE 5.5 since that is the version relevant to Win2K - and it works ALL the time - except when I go to CP. I see no reason to switch versions of IE because ONE site doesn't work OK. I use about 25 different web stores - including CL - with all manner of secure servers and various solutions, and they all work - except for CP. tastiger - I doubt that CP would like my old Netscape :o) :] Fish

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:55 PM

"tastiger - I doubt that CP would like my old Netscape :o)" Beauty!! - have I finally found someone who can test out all my websites just to ensure that they won't work with old versions of Netscape? :)

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

krazik ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 4:16 PM · edited Sun, 24 April 2005 at 4:18 PM

Fish,

Yes IE 5.5 does work with most sites, but unfortunatly for us to fix it on our end would require us to go back to a old and insecure version of openssl.

IE6 and Firefox both work on Win2k.

Can you please try a current browser? Firefox is a great browser and my personal browser of choice.

-Rylan

Message edited on: 04/24/2005 16:18

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 6:44 PM

I also had problems checking out but it was due to my Norton settings. Changed it and it works fine now.

krazik ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 7:40 PM

Tiny: Do you remember which norton settings? -Rylan

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 8:10 PM

file_226118.jpg

Here is where i added curiouslabs.com and the various permits.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.