Mon, Oct 21, 11:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: P4 Owners Left Out In the Cold?

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 1:54 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:39 PM

First, I own Poser 4. It was registered with CL. I bought it back in 2000.

Second, I was not given a reason for why my thread was locked. As far as I know, I have done nothing wrong. I spend WAY too much money in the Renderosity marketplace to be treated so rudely. I should get an apology from the person who jumped to the wrong conclusion and locked my thread.

Third, I have upgraded to OSX, but my current machine runs too slow under OSX, so I switched back to OS9. I prefer a speed over programs that gobble up RAM.

Fourth, there are lots of P4 users, and I bet I'm not the only one who would be happy to pay full upgrade price to go from P4 to PP at the Curious Labs website. But the sad truth is, there is no way to do that, and it's been that way for years.

CL continues to sell P4 (as Poser Artist) but does not sell PP.

PP was the last version of Poser that supported both MAC and PC. Now you have to commit to either one or the other, and if you want crossplatform, you have to buy 2 copies.

I understand CL makes cool newer versions of Poser, but they also still sell P4 (Poser Artist). Why can't they just sell PP instead of P4?

Yes, I know my beloved Mac is getting old, but so far it's served me well. I am saving up my money to get serious with a G5 machine, P6, and Vue5 but until then I don't want to be left out in the cold when Wardrobe Wizard comes out. I consider it a "Must Have," and it needs PP/P5/P6 python support to work. No Poser user will be able to live without Wardrobe Wizard if it's as good as it sounds.

Why can't I just get an upgrade? sobs
Why does it have to be so frustrating?
Why do people have to be so rude?

If anyone has an idea where I can find PP to buy, please let me know.
I'm all ears.

bB

Message edited on: 05/07/2005 14:01

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:01 PM

I wouldn't have locked it, either, but the correct thing for you to do was to IM the mod, rather than post this again, because it will just make things worse. Anyway, double-check to see whether Poser Artist has python support, and whether it will work with OS 9. As Wolf says, OS 9 is no longer supported, as much as we might regret it. We have to move on.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:07 PM

Attached Link: http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3624945?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Online at outpost.com http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3624945?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG If you have a Fry's Electronics near, you could try there, too, as Fry's and Outpost are related in some way.

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:11 PM

I read over in a DAZ thread that someone bought PPP on Ebay for $30.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:33 PM

Thanks wyrwulf! Consider it snagged!!! Weee! 8D I've never heard of Frys before. Thanks for the tip. mateo_sancarlos, P4 (Poser Artist) does not support python. I would have replied to the first thread, but it was locked before I could explain myself. I should have been IMed by the ADMINs, not vise versa. I used to run a forum, and I would never have done that to a poster with an explaination for the lock either privately or publically. I feel my name has been smeared, and thus I started a 2nd thread to explain and defend myself, and solve the original problem. I got good feedback. I have not done anything wrong. bB <-- who may be crazy to spend $89 on an old program. lol! ;p

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:36 PM

Porthos , I know. I'm envious. Good for him though. It found a good home. I've had Amazon looking for PP for me for over a year now. I've been looking in eBay from sometime too. But luck is just not on my side, I guess. bB

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:45 PM

Wardrobe Wizard, at last count, did not claim to be usable in PP. Only p5 and p6.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

MaryK ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 2:48 PM

Quote: Don't know if that's what they call "Poser Artist" now. Maybe you can find a used version at ebay or one of those, not sure. If somebody is interested contact him by IM. To prevent any "spam" of some sort I'll lock this thread. ------------------------------------------------ Seems to me a reason WAS given. Perhaps one your not happy with though. As for finding a copy, Ebay's a good bet.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 3:29 PM

Tyger_purr, Right now it's P5 and P6, but the final version will include PP. I think it's only P5 and P6 right now because the beta clothes test for for Don, Judy, Dork, and Posette, but I could be wrong. MaryK, Point taken. Honestly, I don't remember the 2nd paragraph. My knee jerked. I admit I should have explained myself better at the start, and I also think it was wrong to lock the thread. I doubt there would have been spam posts, and there are issues about Mac, PC, PP, P4, P5, P6, and python worth discussing. Anyhoo, I've calmed down. bB

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 3:35 PM

Does Wardrobe Wizard use the Cloth Room? If so, you can't use it with PP.

If it's just Python that's required, it should work in PP if it works in P5. The big problem with Python is the Mac. Some Python scripts won't run on the Mac version of Poser. Even P6, I think.

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 3:56 PM

If you do get PP, do remember to download SR3 from CL or your python scripts won't run!

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 4:02 PM

Ack! Some don't work? All I want is for Pose Genie, Wardrobe Wizard, and Delete-all-lights to work. ;) I think those are the MVPs of Python, right? ;) bB

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 4:10 PM

IIRC, Wardrobe Wizard uses the cloth room, so you'd have to have at least Poser 5 to utilize it at all. I can't see an upgrade package at Curious Labs that isn't German, so I honestly don't know what to say. You could upgrade to P6 for $149 US, if that is an option for you. There are, obviously, mixed reviews about it, as it's a new app, but you'd have to make sure your computer would run it. Other than that, you'd have to look for someone who would be willing to not only sell you Poser 5, but also transfer their license to you. Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for! MorriganShadow Poser Mod.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:10 PM

Okay, I downloaded Wardrobe Wizard and took a look at it. I don't think it uses the Cloth Room. Phil says it works with PP and Macs (unlike Clothing Creator).

queri ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:12 PM

Oh no, I don't want to use the cloth room-- that module terrifies me! I don't remember anything about cloth room requirements but haven't even opened up Wardobe Wizard yet, so what do I know. Well, BastBlack, you may not be the only one out in the cold-- I've been so looking forward to this program too. Sigh, Emily

queri ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:15 PM

randym77 said "Okay, I downloaded Wardrobe Wizard and took a look at it. I don't think it uses the Cloth Room." Geeze, I hate rumors. [why don't I take a look for myself???? Too sick and half crazy-- they go together-- right now, to risk the disappointment. It's hell to get old.] Emily

darken666 ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:25 PM

I've done a couple conversions in Wardrobe Wizard, and if it uses the cloth room, I'd be surprised. I think it uses the magnet system and I know it uses Python, so I can't imagine why PP couldn't run it.

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:30 PM

I have yet to actually try it, as I'm finishing a project, however, the download page for Wardrobe Wizard states that it is for P5 and P6. As for backwards compatiblitiy, you would have to speak with PhilC himself. MS

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:34 PM

file_235436.jpg

Okay, I dug PP out of mothballs to test it. (Man, I forgot what a pain the old P4/PP library was to navigate.)

WW uses Python and magnets, no cloth room. Here's Dork wearing Posette's trenchcoat.

dullboy ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:55 PM

I am not a P4 user, but I am interested in the Python stuff listed here. Could someone provide a link or vendor where this stuff is for sale?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 5:59 PM

Sign up for PhilC's mailing list. So far as I know, it's the only way to get it right now. It's in beta.

BTW, I checked the download page, and it does not say it's for P5 and P6 only. On the contrary, it says it's PP compatible.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 07 May 2005 at 11:48 PM

it only requires python

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

MaryK ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 12:12 AM

file_235437.jpg

Clothing Convertor 2.2 Track Suit converted over to Seth (Aeon Teen Boy)

msg24_7 ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 4:09 AM

It does work in PP. Only reason you'd need P5 or P6 is, that you won't have Don or Judy otherwise. And those are some of the conversions that are supported by the public beta.

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.