Thu, Sep 19, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Dynamic Windy Hair

LeFrog ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 7:19 PM ยท edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 3:58 PM

Hello all. I have been wanting to create a figure in probably a standing pose, but wanted to animate her hair that is like blowing in the wind. I can do this in Maya, but Victoria 3 is a bit much using it in there (poly count is too high). So i figured maybe in Poser itself since it has dynamic hair and wind and such. Well i have not had much success to 1) actually create the hair style i want and 2) animate wind blown hair. Anyone have tutorials or advise in this matter (wind blowing hair and even styling it) Any help would be very, very much appreciated. Thanks

danamongden ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:13 PM

I also have not had much luck with getting wind-blown hair to work right. However, if you turn down gravity (i.e. closer to zero) and increase air damping you can get hair to trail behind during movement. Then you can move the character "against" the wind for frames 1-25 or 1-28 and give the last few frames for the hair to start to settle. I used this to get hair to float convincingly in an underwater scene, and I imagine that it would work fairly well for the wind-blown look. I just haven't tried it since I did the underwater hair.

LeFrog ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:17 PM

Thanks. I shall give it a go. If i do not succeed i will probably just do it in Maya.

jaybutton ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 9:33 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=22453

Though it is not dynamic hair, Grace Lion Hair by Quarker has morphs to simulate wind. It's kind of a favorite in the Poser community. I attached a link. Hope it 1s what you are looking for! Jay

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 9:56 AM

file_235768.jpg

This is the results I got using the wind prop... Settings: Amplitude 10 spread Angle 15 Range 1.0 Turbulence 1.0

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 10:01 AM

Attached Link: http://irenes-place.com/images/genisis1.gif

Have you seen Genesis Hair in the Renderosity Store by kirwyn?

Good example in a message here in the forum by Randymyy
http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2238290

Forgive the bad animation I did of the hair - this is using the Freebie Genesis Hair for Jessi which kirwyn has in Free Stuff here.

LeFrog ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 7:11 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I guess i can go the route of keyframe animation, but i really wanted to have dynamic hair.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.