Thu, Oct 10, 4:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: trouble rendering full timeline

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 8:07 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:52 PM

I am working on a Poser project that includes the DAZ Elemental character (14 of them in one project). I started it in Poser 6, but I think the size of the project and the buginess of P6 couldn't handle it. So I opened the same project file in Poser 4(ProPack). All went well until I tried to render it. The project is about 200 frames long. The rendering went well for about 10 frames, then I got an "out-of-memory" messsage. If I try to render again, I am told that that a texture cannot be found. Then the textures on my 14 Elementals all disappear. At this point, I have to close Poser and open it again. Then I am able to render about 10 more frames before the same thing happens again. Is this happening because of some issue with the model or the program? Any ideas about a work-around? Thanks.

maciek ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 8:46 PM

Sounds like a bit of hard work for your hardware. In case of poser4 pro, specially when rendering complex scenes some textures just happen to disapear (object is rendered properly, but untextured) They probably are not cached correctly or not cached at all. Let's hope CL will debug their latest project with SR (comming soon). Using poser4, try increasing the amount of virtual memory and free some space on HDD. Hope that helped a bit :)

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 10:53 PM

Actually, the hardware is up to it. Dual 3 GHz Xeons, 2 GB of RAM, lots of hard drive space. How would you suggest setting the virtual memory? I set it to 10/500 and 1000/2000. Neither worked.

maciek ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 5:25 AM

Ok, your hardware seems like more than enough :) Another thing to do is to visit CL's webside and grab the memory updater. The out of memory bug is very common in case of people using more than 1 Gig of virtual memory. This concerns both P4 and P6. If you are using WinXP/2000 try to max your v.m. to 4095 megs. If this does not work, the only (lame) way I can think of is to reboot a computer and reload the scene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.