Wed, Sep 18, 3:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: What's the best way to simulate distance when using eye level camera

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 3:21 AM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 8:34 AM

I have an image and the ground plane is almost flat. Although I know I have a lot of distance between the front main obj and the background ones it doesn't show up because of my camera angle, which is almost on the eye level view and I want to focus on the front obj. Don't want to feed in haze because I want the colours saturated, also don't really want to use DOF because I want the background to be defined. Help! please.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 5:22 AM

Try "bleaching" the color on the background slightly, or use compositioning, and use a very small amount of gaussian blur.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 6:29 AM

Yup I agree with Rochr, you'll be surprised how a slight decrease in contrast & focus will help with out losing the background detail. It just seperates it from the FG.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:13 PM

you can use an object to set the scale as well..say something 'huge', scaled tiny, and close to the horizon..just a thought..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 4:28 PM

Another way, however trite, is to use something like a telephone pole(we all know the size of those) and make a row of them receding into the distance.

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:57 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions........I love the help you get here. Will try them out and see what happens.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 1:53 AM

Perhaps some grain post-worked? In photos (stereotypically), as a scene gets farther away from the camera you can encounter grain, de-saturation of colors, blurring, etc. Without using haze or blurring, a bit of grain might help, otherwise what pakled stated, give the viewer something they can eyeball to suggest scale and/or distance. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.