Mon, Sep 9, 6:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: upgraded!

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 12:38 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 5:48 AM

Until now I have been doing my Poser and Bryce work on a Celleron everything-onboard toy-PC, 1.7Ghz, with a 32 mb onboard graphic card,512 ram and a lot of patience. Bought Poser 6 that doesn't even load, can't get Daz Studio to work and can't use the OpenGl in Bryce 5.5, but today I ordered my upgrade! I will keep my old drives etc, but upgrade to a gigabyte K8NF-9 NForce 4 motherboard, Athlon 64 3000 processor, one gega DDR memory and Nvidia 6600 graphic card. Also took a bigger powersupply. The upgrade costed me, converted in dollars about 686 dollars (thanks mom). Sunday I am going to take my old machine and have the upgrade. Can't wait!

My gallery @ Renderosity

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:58 PM
Forum Moderator

You know? You can get to really hate some people......;-(

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 7:44 PM

Hey, thats great! Best of luck with it!

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 11:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 May 2005 at 11:20 PM

Thanks! The 6800 cost around 775 dollars here (middle east). The 6600 "only" 185 dollars. I think that's only little less than I paid for the complete celleron pc a few years back.
Bryster, I have been saving a longgggggggggggggggggggggg time. And if my mom wouldn't help out, I probably be crawling on for another year :-)

Message edited on: 05/19/2005 23:20

My gallery @ Renderosity

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 4:59 AM
Forum Moderator

LOL! Well then you probably deserve it. I remember upgrading a couple of years back. The diff was staggering!! Hope it goes well for you! ;-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.