Sun, Sep 22, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hexagon Mac import problems

GrantH ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2005 at 11:46 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:55 AM

Hi, I work extensively with illustrator paths (dual 2 gig G5, latest updated, pre-tiger OS). Tried to import an Illustrator file as Hexagon is supposed to support (documentation says "Native 3.2" was unable to do so. Since Illustrator is up to past 10 now I doubt many folks are working with Illustrator 3.2 specifically. The legacy export from Illustrator is for 3 not 3.2. Thought this shouldn't make a difference, so I created files in all the listed file formats avialbe for import from Carrara 4 Pro. All of these also failed to import (or open directly). It appears that import capabilities for the Mac are broken for Hexagon. Contacted Eovia Support (the day after Hexagon was released, whenever that was) no response. Anyone else experienced similar, know of a work around, or have any info to said problem? Thanks

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 7:06 AM

Legacy exporting as Illustrator 3 from AI CS (3 was probably was patched to 3.2 later, but digits are lost in the greater picture of time) produces no import problem with me. Exporting as Illustrator 8 is no problem either. The only thing is that you have to 'pre-select' that you want to import Illustrator files (see image). Exports 3DS and all from Carrara, import without a glitch too. But, for every format you have to select the particular import enabler (?). I hope that is the case, or else it reeks like re-installing stuff...

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 7:07 AM

file_243190.jpg

... the image...

GrantH ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 10:21 AM

Thanks I was blind and didn't see the "enable" pull down. The Carrara generated stuff came in. However, the illustrator import went through the motions as if it was importing but when the file opened, it appeared to be blank. I zoomed in and out and looked around the scene from different views, but I could't find any paths. Any other thoughts on what I should try next? Thanks again

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 3:33 PM

I found my imported illustrator file lying flat in the ground... Maybe you first try with a single path? I don't know if you were trying to import multiple. Or maybe it was exetremely large. As in 'much larger than you window'. Or very tiny? I am not really a Hexagon wizzard (yet). On the Yahoo.groups list there are the people who actually made the app to answer your questions. Good luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.