Sat, Sep 21, 4:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Probably horribly basic, but... EYEBROWS???

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 5:24 PM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 1:43 PM

I use Poser 5 and am just a beginner (as some of you will know!). Can anyone tell me why certain makeovers when rendered just don't show up the eyebrows or eyelashes? What the heck am I doing wrong or missing out? THIS APPLIES TO... Any face made in the face room; MAT V3 Xcu XP2 makeup for V3; and one or two other makeups too. (Others DO work, such as MAT V3 makeup; Character inj for V3; MMB Ciara.) It seems that either something hasn't installed properly, or I am missing a vital (and probably obvious) step in the process! Otherwise what's the point of them showing in the thumbs that are supposed to let you know what to expect? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Nicky.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 1:12 AM

The V3 Extreme Closeup (I haven't got the expansion but I'll assume it's the same) by default loads without the transmaps. At the bottom of the MAT list is one called "Trans ON" - this applies the trans maps to eyebrows and eyelashes and they then appear. For a face made in the face room, you would need to go into the material room afterwards and apply a trans map manually to the eyebrow or eyelash material. Hope this helps :-) Karen Poser Moderator

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

AnnaKirsten ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 4:38 AM

DUH!!! Thanks for that, I did what I've done on several occasions whilst I was still getting used to DAZ! I downloaded the wrong "other" kit, thinking that was the right one to go with the expansion kit - in other words, I hadn't realised I didn't already have the V3XU!! I've now gone and bought it! How thoroughly annoying is THAT??? Grrrr!!! Anyway, it clears up the mystery and makes the other kit I bought permanently redundant! lol! (I think!) I've not done anything inside the material room at all, so that's something I still need to explore. I'm very grateful to have the answer so quickly anyway, thanks... Nicky.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?

Lz2483 ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 6:40 PM

Aww, don't feel so bad. I do silly things like that all the time. My personal favorite is walking to the opposite end of my house then sitting there wondering what the blazes I'm doing there... Do that and try to look cool.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.