Sun, Sep 22, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: What does the "render memory" preference do?

bluecity ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 8:34 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:25 PM

file_255212.jpg

I just noticed this setting in my General Preferences (is this new with SR1? I don't remember it being there before...) There was no reference to it that I could find in in the manual. Does anyone know what it affects or does?

Poseur ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 9:48 PM

It's not in the printed manual but is documented in the PDF version found in your Poser 6 folder, on page 38 (page 52 of the PDF). The settings determine how Firefly behaves as available memory gets low -- whether the bucket size should be automatically reduced; the degree to which this occurs; and the minimum free memory required (in megabytes) beyond which the render will terminate itself.

bluecity ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 10:00 PM

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.