Sun, Sep 15, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Anybody know why?

Dennisld ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 9:29 AM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 5:53 PM

file_257563.jpg

Here's two images from the same scene, the first is fine but add some volumetric rain and Bryce appears to render the boundary box of the tree as well.

Odd - anyone know why?

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 11:36 AM

If that tree is a photo with an alpha mask, sometimes volumetrics interfere with proper display of alphaed photos. One of them bugs. Maybe you can add postworked rain or something?

-- erlik

tantarus ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 12:11 PM

You can try to add rain in Photoshop after the final render.First duplicate the layer then try in this order: filter-noise-add noise, then blur-gaussian blur, then image-adjustment-treshold, and finaly blur-motion blur. Usualy its the way for making the metal, but it could work. Hope it will help you ;)

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

dan whiteside ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 12:58 PM

file_257564.jpg

I think this problem is when an volumetric object and an alpha channel object intersect. Is the tree inside the volumetric cube (or whatever was used)? To get around this you can try "sandwiching" the tree between two vol objects, so that the none of them overlap. This quick image shows a simple alpha tree with a cube surrounding it (left side) and 2 cubes just in front and back of the tree (right side). There may be something else going on here but this sems to work for me. Best; Dan

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2005 at 1:10 PM

I have the same problem when using trees that are on a 2d plane. You'll find if you move the tree or rain away from each other it might fix that little but annoying problem for you.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.