Mon, Sep 16, 11:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Can someone tell me more about "Particles 2.3"?

Carcinogen ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 4:33 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:58 PM

Can someone explain to me how Particles 2.3 functions, and if you have bought it, is it worth it? Does it make realistic fog and rain for example? Some render examples may also help me decide... Thanks! Tim

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 4:43 PM

I've just bought it but haven't really used it yet so my info is going to be limited. Anyhow... AFAIK it can't generate rain or fog. Or rather, it probably can but that would be at horrendous cost to resources and Poser would probably have conniptions with the squillions of separate objects in the workspace. You're probably better using Atmosphere for fog and transmapped squares for rain. What it actually does is take a prop (any prop) and create repeat instances of it in the Poser workspace. The instances can be positioned according to different X Y Z values, calculated by adjustable formulae. You can add textures or materials or any Poser surface effect to the props, scale them, add more particles, rotate and generally mess around with them until you have the desired result. From what I can see, it's worth the money but may be of limited use. I can't see a need for it in every render but I think it will add some extra pizzazz to certain images. FWIW, I had the original version but never used it. This one seems much easier to get to grips with. Sorry I don't have any sample renders but I hope the info helped.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

danamongden ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 5:11 PM

Where is this available? It sounds interesting, but a quick search of the Marketplace didn't find it.

Carcinogen ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 5:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3019&cat=46

Thanks for the info, SamTherapy. Just to clarify, it makes groups of figures similar to the RDNA "scatters" then? Like the bees, lightening bugs, bats and hearts?? It is actually at DAZ3D, danamongden.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 5:57 PM

I haven't seen "Scatters" but your description tells me that it's a similar idea. The original version of Particles allowed you to point it to any kind of object although I can't remember if it was up to handling V3 or something of a similar size and "weight". I think Poser would freak at 30 odd V3s in the scene, though.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Carcinogen ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 6:27 PM

LOL! Okay. Yeah, the scatters are very lo rez prop objects. Many thanks for the info. I have a much clearer understanding now. Later, Tim

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:15 PM

I managed to get 6 copies of the new DAZ skeleton...the only thing, it is then a solid object that cannot be posed...but if you pose before hand, it at least replicates the lot. Also did 10 blackhawk helicopters...which is good for the row of aircraft on the flight line... It choked on the 'DAZ battlebots...figured I'd try to line upo some robots, but that crashed. then of course, is the stuff it was made for :) like fire, etc

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.