Mon, Sep 9, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Is there a Poser 4 Doctor in the house?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 7:43 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 3:49 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

my poser is getting a little tired... it's acting strange. Okay, I admit that it's grown to 5 Gigs. But it's in it's own partition on a second hard drive that's 6 gigs. When I open it up it goes right to the document window, with no document or any tool on the screen. Just the toolbar.I hit either open (pz3) or new, and that's when it goes thru the opening screen. Also, I just started seeing little artifacts of opened windows (render, render matls, loading a new texture, etc.) sticking out beneath the rendering window. Doc, how long do I have to live? Thanks for all the help

chromecafe ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 8:20 PM

This tape will self destruct in five seconds!

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 8:42 PM

in your runtime/prefs directory is a preferedstate.pz3 file. You could try deleting that. It will reset you poser to its default settings but it may get you in. Another thing would be to backup your poser.rsr file in your runtime directory then delete it and let poser recreate it.

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 10:41 PM

Try this first:-
Go to Edit/Preferences and select both Factory State options, then restart Poser.
If that fails then reinstall (and re patch). You will not loose custom files provided they do not have original Poser names. (if you are not sure do a back up)
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.