Mon, Sep 9, 8:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Who would have imagined

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 8:08 PM · edited Thu, 09 November 2023 at 11:56 AM

I've been using Poser for a little over a year. I've posted quite a few things here on Renderosity. Well, my step daughter decided to install Poser on her computer and play around with it. Today, I came home to find my step son on the computer, playing with Poser. He did pretty good and now, he's wanting to post his pictures on Renderosity so I just set him up on here. Pretty amazing. I never would have thought he'd take any interest in art. I think it's a good thing though.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 8:10 PM
Site Admin

A few years ago I got my daughter interested in Poser, and now this month I'm homeschooling my son and we're going to use poser, Bryce and Vue for art instruction.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 8:53 PM

This is a great use of this software. I might have done better in art if I had such a fun way to learn. :)

Kristta ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 9:47 PM

My step son is ADHD to the extreme. He sat in here for nealry an hour. It's very rare that something catches and holds his attention for longer than 12 minutes.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 10:04 PM

my wife ran a daycare for quite some time. She did a lot of educational things on the computer. The kids were mesmerized....including several that had ADD ... there is something about a computer that glues them...they learbned a lot and more than what they were learning in school. I heard, however, that a lot of teachers don't like it because the kids have a harder time in school...no whiz bang...just a boring ol teacher...maybe the teachers should learn something from that and get a bit more inventive in the classroom.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 7:39 AM

We just got full custody of this boy and his sister after a three year battle. The school district he's transferring from is not very advanced technologically. He nearly fainted when I sat down and went over the internet usage policy of our school here with him. I'm also taking this child to a new doctor and getting a second opinion on his medication (it starts wearing off at 3 in the afternoon and by 6 he's going full blast). He's going to up load his first picture this morning to Rosity. I'm proud of him. He actually asked for the account.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 8:29 AM

I think you've created a powerful connection with this young man. He's very lucky to have you in his life....if he can find a creative outlet for some of that energy, there's no telling what he can accomplish. Maybe someday someone will create a workbook on the educational uses for Poser. It would be a nice offset to all the stereotypes out there.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.