Mon, Sep 9, 4:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: blotches on conforming clothes... help needed

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 8:14 PM ยท edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 3:11 AM

file_266933.jpg

Okay, I going crazy... Admittedly, I'm still a novice on conforming clothes... but I managed to do a hat, pants and boots with no problem at all... my jacket however, has been nothing but problems. I have blotches that appear on the conforming jacket. Usually I'd assume it's reversed normals or degenerate polygons, but I've checked and checked and checked... in fact I rendered the .obj file alongside the conforming character. The blotches do appear to be near the polygon group edges, so I guessing that's part of the issue... can somebody figure out what I doing wrong? Thanks!

Songbird ReMix

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 8:44 PM

Im going to assume this is in P6. P6 has a real issue with smoothing, spacificly around group edges. IMO this is a bug, and needs to be fixed, but for now the solution is to up the Crease angle in each of the affected bodyparts.

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 10:22 PM

Yes, it was rendered in P6 (and built with P-Wizard Conforming Tool)... I had heard about the P6 issues, so tried also on my wife's machine that has Poser Pro-- same results so I don't think this one is a Poser 6 problem.

Songbird ReMix

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 6:03 PM

Probably a weld/split problem. Take your jacket into UVMapper and Tools>Vertices>Weld the entire thing, then Tools>Vertices>Split using all facets with an 84 angle and no auto-smooth and resave it (with another name of course) then point your cr2 to the new object. Should fix those nasty buggers right up :)

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 8:31 PM

file_266934.jpg

Thanks for the help-- unfortunately I've tried that too and many variations... I did regroup the model which helped a little bit... as you can see. I still have about 10 little blobs... boy, this is frustrating... I'm anxious to return to more familiar ground (at least for me) in texturing them

Songbird ReMix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.