Tue, Oct 22, 12:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Photoshop 6

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 6:23 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:31 PM

Hi, I've just loaded Photoshop (borrowed) so have no books or anything. I'm looking to edit photos not create new items, how do I go about the simplest of things? I have managed to select and that's it... I can't figure it out... Any help?

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:14 AM

What do you want to do exactly? If you just want to enhance shots, the basic would be to start with levels and curves. Have a quick(lol)look through the help file!

I never intended to make art.

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 9:12 AM

I've been reading that and have picked up how to change the levels, still playing but I would like to change only selections I've managed it change the whole image how do I (say) grayscale selections or change the saturation/hue? Also I've got reflections in the pic that I would like to erase how does one do that? Help is greatly apprecited. (the help section isn't the most user friendly...)

cryptojoe ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 9:27 AM

file_268160.jpg

First I would say that there is no such thing as borrowing a piece of software unless you are using it on the computer which belongs to the person you are "Borrowing" the software from.

According to the Renderosity Terms of Service,which you agreed to in order to become a member here; Renderosity has a Zero Tolerance for "Pirated" or "Cracked" Software.

That said, and in case you were mistaken in the words you chose, or that I misunderstood their meaning;

Image and Mode Adjustments are made under the Image Pull-down Menu.

Good Luck.

Joe

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 2:05 PM

As far as borrowing goes, as long as its installed on only one machine(depending on the license agreement) its fine. Go to the bottom of the layers pallet and select the circle(half black, half white) here you can add an adjustment layer. Much better than the adjustments menu because you can go back and tweak the adjustment layer later, if your not happy with the result you have. You need to be a little more specific when asking for help BTW. And keep your personal borrowing status personal. The last thing people want to here is someone getting software for free, when they have personally paid a small fortune to have the privilege. But if your friend has un-installed it from his/hers system and then installed it on yours, that's fine presuming they only have one license. Try looking for some tuts in a search too! Good Luck!

cryptojoe ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 3:34 PM

Thanx Sans, I learned something about those little buttons today I didn't know before. Photoshop has a tough learning curve.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 12:20 AM

No worries cryptojoe. I'm actually doing some PhotoShop courses at the moment so its been a learning experience the last few months for me too. If only I had a mega memory:)

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 2:25 AM

okay so bad choice of words. I've got the cd but didn't pay for it coz he isn't using it, he's useing something else. So gave his photoshop to me to use, but he'd didn't have to manuals to give to me either (moved and can't find them). So in Sans terms it's on my PC and not his i.e. one only, but the program is original... I said borrowed coz I'll give it back someday when I buy on of my own, still learning so wanna make sure I can actually mak use of the program. Sorry to make your heart attack you joe... Tx for the tips I'll go and play around see if I can get anywhere. Else will try and figure out the help guide...

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 2:29 AM

OK good luck then!

retrocity ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 5:14 AM

PeeWee, to get the most out of support from both Adobe and the friendly, knowledgeable members here, please have the license transfered to you too. This makes it all legit and know one will "freak".

As it's been pointed out, we @ Renderosity (especially the Admins and Mods) have a zero tolerance for warez, this includes the admission to using it. this means you can find your butt banned by poor choices of words.

look forward to seeing you around the forum,
:)
retrocity

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 6:06 AM

Okay :D no problem...

cryptojoe ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 10:32 AM

click click

Group Hug

cryptojoe ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 10:49 AM

And... ...um... ...about three years ago when I first came to Renderosity, I was almost banned. I said I stole PS7, then had to explain, I bought it at a yard sale. Evidently the person selling it didn't care how much it was worth. I bought a box full of CD's and books for $10...

Hee Hee! I was real careful of my choice of words after that!

Gosh, the Mod said "We have a zero tolerance of Warez at Renderosity.

I'm thinking, yes, Warez is a bit nasty but we always had fun there! (a Mexican Border Town we used to travel to when I was in the Army).

I look back at that and laugh now, so I know how it feels, really I do.

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum, take off your shoes and prop up your feet; you're among family here!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 10:54 AM

lol!

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 4:16 AM

Tx, glad to hear it...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.