Wed, Oct 9, 10:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: Victoria 2 Textures

taliahad ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 12:47 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:08 AM

Greetings folks,
I am finding it more and more daunting to find only Vicky 2 textures. Even here, I try using Victoria 2 Textures as a key-phrase, or other combinations thereof to search with, and I'm just having to go through a ton of Vicky 3 stuff. I don't even want Vicky 3, and I'm happy enough with Vicky 2. Does anyone know of a site with only Vicky 2 textures? Looking for pale to peachy to pinkish textures, or maybe even just some suggies for better keywords to use for searches. I don't know. It's just getting a bit frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MaryK ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 1:23 AM

I tossed in the money and bought Universal Texture Converter (UTC) from DAZ3D.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 1:25 AM

try "Vicki 2" yes it comes up with V3 stuff, but it will come up with more stuff. or just "Vicki texture" comes up with 1600 freebies. Also, Vicki 2 is really really old now, so it is harder to find things.

Aeneas ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 2:49 AM · edited Sun, 17 July 2005 at 2:51 AM

Of course I don't know them all, but there are still Dalinise's Carly, Blackhearted's Elowen and Shredboy also still sells V2 characters. Of him I have Laini.
Then there are SteffyZZ's characters who have been a real rage here (and perhaps still are): Noa, Asia, Yuma...

Don't forget that you can use all textures for PT (milkids preteen) also for V2. Some of these are grown-up characters.
Here, Thorne is a big name. {If he shouldn't be here anymore, you can visit faerie-dreams.com). Blackhearted has his Nia.

Over at Daz you may still find Zrincx's Goddess texture map for V2. Very good also.

If it's for textures, the Universal Texture Creator (evt with plugins for other characters) is a good investment.

Message edited on: 07/17/2005 02:51

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 2:56 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

If you're a PC member at DAZ go get Thorne's fairies for the PT at only 1.99 each - great textures, I even use them on my V3 remapped to V2. Also, don't type in Vicki 2 because there might be some older Vicki 1 textures that will do just as well since V1 and V2 have the same mapping. It's best to search for Victoria or Milly for older textures.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 8:08 AM

While I have both versions of Victoria, I do find that creators are too often careless of how they describe the characters their textures, and clothing, fit. For those using P5 and later there are some useful free packs which can adjust the general tone of a texture by changine the actual diffuse colour. They come as a MAT file and, because of the different material zones, they don't readily transfer. But you can load the MAT pose, find the new details in one of the dummy materials which will be created, and cut-and-paste in the Materials Room to get a usable material for the library.

onimusha ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 9:43 AM

SteffyZZ's textures are AWESOME and they're available here at the RMP. The UTC from DAZ works really, really well also.

taliahad ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 11:39 AM

WOW! Thanks for all the info! You've all saved me days and hours of time. I love this place:-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.