Mon, Sep 9, 4:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: "Oh, POO!" Sylfie frowns. "I'm so mad, my hair's turning white!"

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 1:51 PM ยท edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 8:20 AM

file_276133.jpg

Well, Sylfie's hair is always white, whatever I do.... This is just a superquick test render, not to be taken seriously as a render. The problem: even though her HR2 hair (Aiko3 Nyoko pigtails from DAZ) is very definitely parented to her head, I cannot get MATs to 'grab' - her hair stays white. I'm using P6 SR1. I didn't have this in P5. Any idea what's going on? :] Fish

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 3:02 PM

This is a known bug still in P6 when dealing with MAT files. Have you tried manually reloading the textures? I know there's a fix mentioned in the forum somewhere. Try a search on P6 and Transmapped and MAT.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 3:49 PM

I checked and I don't have this problem - P6 SR1. But: do you try to apply the mats from the Nyoko Hair or the mats from Nyoko Tail? The Nyoko Hair mats do not work, only those specifically for the tails.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 4:04 PM

I've had the same issue with transmapped hair that has been saved attached to a figure CR2 in my library. In my case it was KOZ's long ponytail saved attached to my Penny Robinson character.

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 4:34 PM

Maus: Yes, I was using the proper DAZ Nyoko Tail MATs. I have had this problem all the time in P6 SR1, not only in this particualr case. So far I have avoided it by simply using CR2 hair instead, but I really need a solution. Mizrael: I'll look for that, thanks! :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 5:09 PM

I haven't found anything yet. Still looking for an answer. :] Fish

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 8:26 PM

Nice to see POO in a forum post...lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 3:13 AM

Fish, this is strange. I did nothing to the hair, just loaded Aiko, loaded the hair and applied the mats. Sorry that I cannot help you, it's working like intended over here :-(.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Berserga ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 8:24 AM

I just had a similar issue with V3 mat poses yesterday. Her body came out white and her hands head and feet turned black! I went back and just applied the mats in P5, and loaded the scene back in P6 which then worked fine. Here's hopin SR2 fixes this :) actually after that I saved the finished mat for the entire figure to the mat library. I LOVE THAT FEATURE of Poser 6.

neoteric ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 10:13 AM

I have the same problem with hair files in a few places.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.