Mon, Oct 21, 5:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: You know you're Poser damaged when...

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 6:10 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:48 PM
  1. I was looking at the hedge the other day on a cloudy day and going, 'Wow look at that perfect occlusion on the leaves!' before I shook myself back to reality. 2. I just found 43 (43!!) items I bought on a sale at DAZ precisely 1 year ago - and that I've completely forgotten about. Not installed, not anything, just lying around. And I didn't even notice.... 3. A girl walks by and I go 'Jeez, Sapphire Fox with some LCollarUp and Firebirdz Chocolate!' 4. I see the insane size of my Runtime and realize it can't be backed up. 46GB. Well, I could always buy another harddisk and make a complete copy. I should do that. 5. I go look at the PC every now and then as the render comes along and I measure the length of the progress bar to see how it's going, if at all - with a ruler, on the monitor.... :] Fish

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 6:56 PM

4. I see the insane size of my Runtime and realize it can't be backed up. 46GB. Piffle. Five or six of those dual-layered DVD-R's, and you're in business. Or wait until Blu-Ray and HD-DVD recorders hit the market next year.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:10 PM

I have 2 300G external HD's(in addition to my 3 internals, 80/120/200)...1 That houses a ghost of my main HD & the other I have set to duplicate all file folders weekly. This runs overnight O.o.

mrsparky ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:19 PM

...you try to "control Z" reality.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

zollster ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:19 PM
  1. you buy an expensive brand new figure/prop/hair/cloth/etc, download it then find out you bought it months ago but never used it

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:26 PM

...you get up in the morning and visit 'rosity before the bathroom.

jpiazzo ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:34 PM

Your Poser is not damaged, you are! And I really mean this with kindness! What you need is a PROJECT, something to work on that will focus your efforts. What were you thinking when you downloaded all those products? Were you planning to create that Fantasy Girl (or guy) you could never get a date with, or is it that SciFi epic you are sure will outgross StarWars? - (I've been there on both accounts). What I do is install poser, and make a copy of the base runtime, as Base_Runtime. Then I intall all my basic figures, such as Vicky, and Steff. Then I copy this runtime as say DREAM_GIRL, then I make another copy called SCIFI_EPIC. Then when I find a product that fits one of those themes, I Install it there, and switch runtimes where approriate. Buy a big external HD and use it as a tranfer/ backup drive, that is your cheapest BK solution. JP

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 8:01 PM

" ...you get up in the morning and visit 'rosity before the bathroom." ... you get up in the morning and visit 'rosity while IN the bathroom on your laptop.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 8:08 PM

Easy there JP ;) All adults have their hobbies and some are more expensive then others - my husband collects guitars at a couple of hundred dollars a pop, I collect models and textures for my artwork. Different strokes for different folks ;) What was he thinking? He was probably thinking I better grab it now while it's on sale rather then wait until you NEED it for a project and then have to pay full price! lol Now if I ever finish the dozens and dozens of WIPs scattered on my hard drive, people might actually get to see some of the stuff I've accumulated in action.

RGUS ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 12:21 AM

... you get up in the morning and visit 'rosity while IN the bathroom on your laptop. And you're still there when it's bedtime again...

12rounds ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 1:39 AM

... you surprise yourself examining the fabric of your own clothing in thinking what's the best way to make a similar bump map for Poser.

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:27 AM

"POSER isnt a software... its a RELIGION" My signature in my posts on several forums...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:30 AM

When you look at a wall and say "it's badly textured" Once after mounting a lot of 2000/3000 pieces puzzles, every time that I looked at trees or hills I was seeing the landscape with the cutting shapes.

Stupidity also evolves!

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:38 AM · edited Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:40 AM

Once it was worst, after spent a long time playing Ultima 8, one day when I waked up and looked at the ceiling of my room it was moving, I closed my eyes and opened again and the ceiling continue moving in steps and I was not dreaming!, something is wrong with me, I am ill!!, what is happening?, suddenly all my preocupation went away when I saw the pointer of a mouse in the ceiling too!, it was only the game and nothing is wrong with me!

Message edited on: 07/28/2005 02:40

Stupidity also evolves!

RGUS ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:42 AM

Your partner says... sex... or Poser.... hmmmmm... sex/poser...sex/poser...sex/poser... and you choose poser... sick eh!

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 4:06 AM

MWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CASETTE
=======

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 5:17 AM

Problem is, I already have 6 HD's, 5 internal and 1 external. Total is 1,1 TeraByte and it's all full.... But I suppose a 7th disk is doable, external at least. Poser isn't my only drug, heheh :] Fish

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 5:59 AM

Jade_nyc - I'm in deep trouble, then. I buy tons of Poser stuff and guitars. Oops.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:19 AM

I keep looking at perfectly ordinary things and break them up into easy-to-model-primitives. Look at something and think "oh a box with a cylindrical boolean there, and.." I've seen V3 in real life once as well (at least her face) it was scary. Years and years ago, when Tetris was the fad, I once, after along Tetris-session, switched to my text program, and kept expecting the words fall down from the top. I would also scan a text and see where the tetris blocks would fit between the letters. Same with pictures on a wall. At that time I decided to take a break from Tetris... I've also walked around in a particular level of Doom1 (yes it's a long time ago) trying to find the last skull key. The scary thing is, I actually FOUND it when I realised there was somwhere I hadn't been. And sure enough, there was the key... But Poser isn't an addiction! I can quit anytime I want... I just don't WANT to quit ... right now...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 8:27 AM

Doom ... mygod ... I REALLY had an ADDICTION with that game... I woke up in the middle of the night seeing endless corridors...

CASETTE
=======

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 8:47 AM

Guitars? I've bought 4 so far this year..... Well, 2 were basses actually, but they still count. :] Fish

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 9:39 AM

"I've seen V3 in real life once as well.." Worst can be to see V3 in real life and try to check if the tit's morphs are well done, or say to her "I never knew that you have anus, who did this prop?".

Stupidity also evolves!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 9:59 AM

"Guitars? I've bought 4 so far this year..... Well, 2 were basses actually, but they still count." Aye, that they do. I be a 6 string player the most but I bought me a Precision a couple of years ago because it's a better solution than trying to sequence a decent bass line together in Cubase.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 12:46 PM

I woke up in the middle of the night seeing endless corridors... You want nightmares, just wait till the movie comes out. They've done portions of it in first-person ....

jade_nyc ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 1:45 PM

SamTherapy - after 20 years of being a guitar widow, I finally surrendered to his hobby and we took over a rehearsal studio for musicians. lol At least now he can put his purchasing skills to good use ;) He's been a very happy camper the past couple of months buying amps & stuff for the studio!

FishNose ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:28 PM

Hey!!! :o) How about you 'n' me get together? Sounds like we could have it just fine... lol! :] Fish

jade_nyc ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:44 PM

Ah you only want me for my studio ;) Or is it my gigs of Poser content that you're after hmmm? lol Can anybody tell me what is up with drummers? The only time I've ever seen so many topless men is at the beach! lol Not that I'm complaining mind you - gives me a little more to look at then just watching to make sure they don't fry the equipment. snickers

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 3:00 PM

I asked a drummer once and it is because there is no air because you are enclosed in a ring of drums and it also just gets really hot moving the arms, etc.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 3:09 PM

Okay that would explain it. Was a little disconcerting the first time I went to set up a room and found the drummer changing into shorts and taking his shirt off! Must say though that unlike at the beach, most drummers are pretty buff ;) makes mental note not to turn the AC too high in the rooms lol

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 3:25 PM

What's the problem with drummers?, once I was a drummer.....

Stupidity also evolves!

jade_nyc ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 3:48 PM

np really kawecki - they're pretty buff and they like to take their clothes off when they're playing, I like that in a man!!! lol

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 3:55 PM

Well.., I never taked off the clothes...(playing...)

Stupidity also evolves!

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 5:26 PM

You build a CG clone of yourself in poser and realize. that you have slowly begun to live your life vicariously through "him"..... "it" MAN!!!!! "im" gonna look soooo cool in "my" new power armor from uzilite :-/

My website

YouTube Channel

RKane_1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 11:24 PM

When I see a beautiful woman walk by and my only comment is "Wow! Look at the polycount on THAT one."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.