Mon, Oct 21, 5:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Can an idiot learn Vue Infinite?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2005 at 8:42 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 10:51 PM

Just a diehard Poser 4/Vue 4 user, I resist change. I have vue 5 and I hate it. Am thinking of moving on to Vue Infinite. How steep is the learning curve? $400 is a lot to spend on a whim. I've been to e-on for the last 2 months looking at Infinite so I know what it can do. Can a moron master it? BillyGoat

purplecloud ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2005 at 9:05 PM

why do you hate vue 5? if you answer this then then an answer to would you hate vueinf would be easier to give.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2005 at 11:57 PM

I second that. Vue Infinite shares a lot with Vue 5 and adds a lot of features to the list. You should let us know why you hate Vue 5 :)

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 1:52 AM

and maybe try the demo - then you see. BTW, i learned to handle it a little so...

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 10:25 AM

"Can an idiot learn Vue Infinite?" Hell, I did :)

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 10:32 AM

I'll spend a day in Vue 5 and make a list. Something tells me that i'll have to get deeper into it if I want to move up to infinite. I was hoping VI was rewritten... Thanks for the info. I guess if I want Vue 4 on steriods I should be looking at Vue 4 Pro.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 10:36 AM

I'm really puzzled. I barely notice any difference at all between Vue 5 and Vue 4.

attileus ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 8:22 AM

Don't worry, Vu5i has the amazing EcoSys so you simply can't fail with that! :-DDD I'm a Brycer testing the demo and it's really amazing...it's hard to fail when you create enormous forests with a click; I didn't like V5 but V5i is just unbelievable!

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 9:04 AM

I used Vue 4 Pro exclusively until Infinite came out, and I couldn't resist the upgrade and new features in Infinite. If you hate Vue 5, I can't see why you would "backgrade" to Vue 4 Pro. For example, Vue 4 Pro brought in the lighting options (ray traced shadows, lighting selective objects,etc) that are now in the "Light Tune" module for Vue5, and included in Infinite. Also the Plant Editor made it's first appearance; now it's a module for 5 and integrated into Infinite. Same with other things. Although I loved Vue 4 Pro dearly, despite some instability (just saved a LOT, lol) I would not turn back from Infinite now. If you can show us what it is you hate about Vue 5, maybe we can help you get through that so it's workable for you!

Sgiathalaich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.