Sun, Sep 15, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Has Renderosity gone MAD

Dennisld ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 4:24 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:02 AM

Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 02:44:35 -0600 From: ebot@renderosity.com Add to Address Book To: Undisclosed-Recipients@ Subject: Renderosity.com posting on Bryce Forum Hello, This automated message is to let you know that wildman2 has posted a new message to Renderosity.com Bryce Forum. You can click the link below to find their message: Subject: lamp freebie http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2367806 Regards, Renderosity Staff ---------------------------------------------------------- Did you know you can purchase a Renderosity email account and File Locker space under the My Services sidebar link? http://market.renderosity.com/myservices.ez The normal email message from this site advising of a post but I've had 25 of the damn things in the past few days! Every time someone posts a thread here I get an email, can someone please fix it. And while that's being done perhaps you could ask your computer why I have to physically sign in every time I come to this site, not withstanding the error messages and waiting time one suffers while the site loads.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 4:47 AM · edited Mon, 08 August 2005 at 4:50 AM

On the forum menu page you have the option to be notified of each individual post on a selected topic, example: Bryce forum, Photo Shop forum. Check to see if this option is ticked. If it is then untick it. Not sure if this is the answer to your problem though, but hey, its worth a try;)

Message edited on: 08/08/2005 04:50

I never intended to make art.

marcfx ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 4:54 AM

Sans is right about the notification in the forums and when you sign in next time, check the 'keep me logged in' and you wont need to sign in everytime. Hope this helps.

Smile, your dead a long time :)

cambert ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 6:26 AM · edited Mon, 08 August 2005 at 6:28 AM

The problem with signing in is because the SQL server has been going doolally over the past week or so. I had to sign in on each visit last week, despite having the cookie enabled, and half the time got the "MySQL server has gone away" message. This always happens directly after the staff announce that the server has been upgraded to be able to handle the amount of traffic and "should be much more stable now". (See Community Forum for last week's announcement on that theme).
Ho hum. Actually, I find this all very heartening. It means that the rest of the world is questionably efficient and a bit baggy around the edges. It's not just me :-)
Peace,
cam editing for baggy spelling

Message edited on: 08/08/2005 06:28

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 10:54 AM

The revolution will not be IM'd..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Dennisld ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 12:32 PM

Thanks guys, checked the Forums menu and indeed was ticked to receive an email following each new post. How the hell it got ticked in the first place is beyond me, I've never been into the forums option page before but I've scrubbed it now so all should be well. Cambert--> Yes, I've been getting the SLQ thing as well so I thought it may be affecting signing on etc., That's progress for you!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 10:33 PM

Glad its all worked out for you Dennisld;) I think all of us get the SLQ error. I haven't had it effect my signing in though, like you guys.

I never intended to make art.

Swade ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 7:47 AM

Yep.... I am getting the SQL error and have to sign in each visit as well. They will have it fixed soon...... I hope.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

diolma ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2005 at 5:49 PM

(@pakled) A.E.Neuman is still worried ..:-)) Cheers, Diolma (and WAS the name of that plant in the pot "Alfred"? I've forgotten..)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.