Mon, Oct 21, 9:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:57 pm)

Subject: I want UGLY boys and girls

Totoro3D ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 2:14 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 1:48 AM

For a hobby-project I would love to have some poser-people who could play the parts of ugly girls and guys, but of course almost every character available for sale and every hair style is almost breathtakingly beautiful. Of course I try to play with the dials in the victoria or Stephanie face-morphs, but its not easy to create "natural" ugliness there, and still the skin from most skin textures is so perfect that the characters don't turn out to look ugly. Do some people here maybe have good strategies for that? Or are there any characters available which really don't create eye-candy characters?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 2:44 PM

Sure -- there are lots of "ugly" characters on the market. Just not as many of them as of the beautiful people.......sort of like the ratio that one would find among real-life actors & actresses. For market-driven reasons.

try this for M3 (there are many others):

http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=28936

Try these for V3:

http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=24794

BTW -- based upon the body of your post, I am assuming that you are looking for ugly men & women -- not "boys & girls" (as in children).

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 2:44 PM

A scaled down P5 Judy would be a good start for an ugly girl and then ther were those absolutely wretched"Shazzam" characters from last year arrrGHHH!!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 2:46 PM

BTW 2 -- I have both character sets. I'll buy more like these, too......but realistic "ugly" characters are what I look for. Not 'toons.

mask2 ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 2:54 PM

well, I have purchased something like that at DAZ Store: (to make witches and monsters for my renders) ps_mr156b "Mean 'n' Ugly Morphs for Michael 3" ps_mr166b "Varieties Morphs for Vicky 3" as ugly as they can be...

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 3:01 PM · edited Tue, 09 August 2005 at 3:02 PM

If you are looking for "ordinary" characters -- not ugly, just ordinary -- then I suggest trying KymJ's store here in the marketplace. She's created an excellent series of "ordinary" folks -- both male and female.

I believe that KymJ is working on making more of the same.

Message edited on: 08/09/2005 15:02

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 4:12 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=20420

Or you can use Capsces Lit'Uns....lots of great morphs for kids. Sharen

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 8:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_282010.jpg

Did someone say "ugly V3"? Now here is a WIP of mine. This will not be the finished texture and I'm worrking on the teeth as well. She'll have small, gapped teeth.

Is she ugly or what?

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 10:19 PM

BluEcho -- She'll work for the runtime. I assume that she'll be for sale in the MP.

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 10:48 PM

How about loading up Penny, then go into the Face Room and turn the Judy dial up to 1 ..... wala instant ugly.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2005 at 10:55 PM

I may put her in free stuff if I can get someone to host when she's finished. Got other projects almost ready for The Mp and I've got a limit there...sigh.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

KymJ ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2005 at 10:32 AM

ROFL BlueEcho, now she is seriously ugly ...and I mean that in the nicest possible way LOL...great stuff! .... Maybe we need a whole new category for "fuglies" LOL.

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.