Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire...FC2s?

profotograf ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 12:50 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:24 AM

Hi all, I know that there are many fans of JKRowlings' Harry Potter books, and the upcoming film due to be out in November is gonna be super cool, with everything from Merpeople to Dragons to Centaurs to House Elves, to you name it... Since the movies have been release (3 to date) I haven't seen or heard many out there in the poser world who do renders based on Harry Potter characters or scenes. I assume that since it follows Wizarding and Witches and Magic, that there must be some out there who are hooked on the stuff and have produced Poser props, clothing or stuff to use for making decent Harry Potter type renders. Including tips on what hair to use for what characters, or what combinations of clothing to use to make them look realistic. I have created my own Harry Potter face file (FC2) as well as have begun creating HP IV (Goblet of Fire) type characters. I am looking for others who are equally as crazy and fanatic about the Wizarding World as I am. Anyone???

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=ernyoka1

Check out Lisbeth Jakobsen/TrekkieGrrrl's Gallery - Rend nik is Ernyoka1 A lot of her recent work is HP themed. She does an especially good Snape character

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 2:35 PM

One of the reasons for the dirth of HP props and other paraphenalia is that JKR and WarnerBros. are pretty much carnivorously protecting any and all rights to all things HP (look at the security used for the latest book release). I was going to do Hogwarts (in full) some time back, but as a sellable item. Copyright infringement concerns caused a decision to forego the project. If I had the time and was financially stable, I'd make items for free and avoid the infringement issues.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

RICHARD ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 3:27 PM

ck out my wizards school images in the galleries,both vue and poser.enjoy

profotograf ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 9:47 PM

file_282757.JPG

Not everything in the Wizarding World belongs to JKRowling. If she had the rights to everything to do with Witches, Wizards, Warlocks, Goblins, Gnomes, Monsters, Cauldrons, Wands, Brooms, Spells, Dragons, etc... then everything on Renderosity in the galleries would be legal fodder for Warner Brothers. I think that if names like Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Gryffindor, Slytherin etc are not used, then there is no issue. Trekkiegrrrl is one of my best friends, and she and I both share alot of Potter stuff. I have her Snape character, and have built many new ones too, and shared with her. But I'd like to meet more HP fans and more who actually do renders with that subject.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:09 PM

That's a good "Parry" there, mate. :drools: Richard, just had a gander at your gallery. Beautiful castle and your characters are spot-on. 500 points to the House of the Serpent.

RICHARD ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:19 PM

glad you liked them,hope to do more.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:30 PM

I'll be keeping an eye out, you're in my Favorites. Any chance of the wizard's castle being released? Free or pay doesn't matter long as it's a Poser version, it's that good.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 3:59 AM

Heh nice Parry there indeed! (is that my morph or yours? ;o) ) Of course JKR / WB doesn't own anything witch/wizard related, and I also thing it would be a good idea to chose names that aren't all too close to the actual stuff. (for instance, proably not call the castle Bogwarts or Warthogs) I've found myself a nice name (I think) for my model of Spinner's End and as such I will of course never call it Spinner's End, allthough it just COULD be a generic little house in a generic little street somewhere in the world. But to make Poser figures based on the BOOKS will always be your interpretation. Just stay away from the movie lookalikes (heh says I who's steadily perfecting my Rickman clone...) Tall, sallowfaced, hooknosed characters in black robes? Sure. Just don't call him Snape... And Richard, as you know I love your castle! I'm with Byrdie: ANY chance of it ever being released?!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 7:21 AM

Copyright and trademark stuuf shouldn't really be discussed here but, yes, Warner Bros have it pretty well locked up, and nobody with any sense takes on Hollywood Lawyers without a very solid case. But a generic school uniform, with useful material zones and UV mapping, could be used for anything. Back in my distant youth, there might be a different badge on a school blazer, and nothing more. So if you had the badge area as a distinct UV map, as character heads usually are, anyone could scan in their school badge and use it. And a lot of the movie uses real locations. Some places get used a lot. I know of several movies which have used parts of Blenheim Palace, for instance. There's nothing to stop you being inspired by real architecture. Personally, I'd go read Pyramids, and stick to the Assassin's Guild, if I wanted to do a fantasy version of the English boarding school genre.

RICHARD ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 11:16 AM

answer to your kind thoughts and request.probley not-sigh. 1st off dont have a website to have someone to beable to download it.2nd iam still working on it.3rd its a big file,over 500 megs.the inside great hall i had to split to render,both halfs our over 300 megs. would consider maybe?have a question myself ernyoka1-our you going to share your apollo version of you know who your working on-please would love to have,i do have apollo.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 11:48 AM

::Snicker:: Don't think she's done Old Moldy-Shorts yet, Richard. Now if you mean Teh Sev Man ... I second the vote. ;-)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:47 PM · edited Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:50 PM

Rofl! Old Moldy-shorts

Yeah yeah I'm sharing him. It seems it's ok to share Apollo fc2 files, that was what was initially holding me back. Let me find him again and package him and he's yours...

Message edited on: 08/13/2005 13:50

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:55 PM

::happy dances all over the 'sity:: Thanks!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 3:06 PM

Attached Link: My Homepage

file_282760.JPG

Right... *giggles* the Snape Morph is available now! On my Homepage :o)

RICHARD ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:06 PM

on my way-thanks

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:15 PM

Mmm, gorgeous. Only ... I don't think AM's got much in the way of a wizardly wardrobe, except for that gown of pdxJim's. Not at all Snapely. :-(

RICHARD ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:20 PM

if you have wardrobe wizard he does

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:36 PM

Yeah, I know. Still trying to save up a few galleons to buy it, last Daz sale took all but my last 2 knuts. :-( And those'll be gone come next Daz sale. ::sigh:: Sometimes ya just can't win.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:06 PM

What Wizard robes have been successfully transfered from one figure to another in Wardrobe Wizard? I've had no luck at all with GG's Sorcerer's Robe.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:11 PM

Well, I've seen renders of Daz wizard robes for M3 converted to David & Hiro, also Poserworld's wizard school outfits for Luke refitted on D&H. Seems to work out pretty good.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:17 PM

Ah, well you get what you pay for and I don't own any of those. Was hoping someone had successfully converted some of the freebies out there. My only success was with PhilC's Wizard Robe which I bought. I have a Poserworld membership but don't own Luke so I'd need someone's DAT file to convert his stuff.

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:23 PM · edited Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:27 PM

They've already done a lot of refits using Wardrobe Wizard. I'm hoping they get around to that set before my subscription runs out the end of September. (Yeah, I'll be renewing but who knows when?)

Message edited on: 08/13/2005 21:26

Message edited on: 08/13/2005 21:27

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.