Sun, Oct 6, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Silo Forum??

Cheers ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 3:06 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 12:36 AM

Come on R'osity... Actually looking through the different forums, there does seem a few that have a case to be closed down and new ones started up. I would put Silo up there as the first to be added. There seems to be many users of it now (just view the Modelling Forum)...and it is a class piece of software (with the very cool and underated TopoBrush, workflow and modelling tools)...and with version 2 being released soon (texture mapping tools to rival UVMapper Pro, Displacement Painting), there can only be more users in the future. Well, I think it's worth serious consideration. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Cheers ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2005 at 6:06 PM

Sounds good Clint....it's not often that such a powerful package comes along at such a price that it can be available for everyone. As I say, I think Version 2 will blow people away with it's features.

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

bushi ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2005 at 3:43 PM

I agree 100% Cheers. I've had Silo about a month now and have been just blown away by the features. The new update to version 1.4 has really made the topo brush a joy to use. I saw the news of the 2.0 update and it looks amazing. I had been thing of getting ZBrush but now I'll just wait for 2.0. =) The only thing I'd like to see them do with Silo is get the import/export scaling set up so it would work the same as in Wings3D. As it is right now, I've been using Wings to scale up the Poser figure I'm using as the clothes form then scale the resulting clothes back with Wings to get things to fit correctly in Poser. KInd of a pain but it works fine for now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.