Tue, Oct 22, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Behavorial Animation

Nebula ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 12:30 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 1:08 AM

Hello, Several months back I came across an animation application that uses behavorial actions to create motion for a particular action for event. For an example, if your character was to fall down a flight of stairs, instead of having to animate each frame or so, this software has pre-modeled motions for different actions. So this sofware would know that when a person falls down stairs, they tend to curl up and try to tuck in the head and that's exactly what the character does. It was quite an ingenious way of modeling animations. After all that being said, can anyone tell me the name of this package??? I have completely forgotten about and have been trying to remember it. I'll know it as soon as I hear it. Just can't seem to remember it. Thanks to everyone! Nebula

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 1:07 PM

Natural Motion's Endorphin Ingenious, but uber-expensive. ;) I see that they now have an LE edition. Hmmmmm... :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Nebula ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2005 at 2:02 PM

WOW !!! That's the one! Thank you so much. I can sleep tonight! LOL

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2005 at 10:46 AM

The LE edition is limited to AVI export, but still has value for Poser users comfortable with rotoscoping techniques.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.