Mon, Sep 23, 9:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Boots shoes

coyote255 ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:50 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 5:29 PM

Prolly thr dumbest question in months, but what is the secret to getting boots and shoes to work on figures the feet dont conform with the boot or vice versa

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 6:10 PM · edited Thu, 18 August 2005 at 6:11 PM

If you mean that the feet poke through the shoe or boot then you can simply make the toes and foot invisible. This is done by selecting the foot then in the properties section uncheck the visible, cast shadows and visible in raytracing(Poser 5)boxes. Then do the same for the toes. This will enable you to use the shoes or boots. Also you may need to parent the shoes or boots to your figures feet again so they will move and bend with whatever poses you apply to your figure.

Message edited on: 08/18/2005 18:11

kenyarb ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:09 PM

I beleive someone (Nerd3d?) recommended importing character shoes as props, by importing the obj files. I could be wrong

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 4:08 AM

Which boots/ shoes, and which figure? One possibility is that you may be trying to use shoes which were made for another figure. In which case, they can be converted to props as kenyarb suggests; they can then be moved and scaled if necessary until they fit, and parented to the figure's feet. Some boots (the P4 women's boots were the first example of this) are modelled already in a high heeled pose, and since the figure's feet are naturally flat, they don't fit. As YngPhoenix says, make the feet and toes invisible; you sometimes have to taper the shins very slightly too (0.1 or so).

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 5:31 AM

Until recently I had the same problem.... still do sometimes. Important thing to make sure that you are using footware made for that specific figure IE: V3, M3, SP3, V2 etc. Once the footware is in the scene, conform it. Then if necessary, I go to the parameter dials to make the shoes longer by adjusting one of the axis...I think it's the Z scale axis. Also, sometimes the height of the shoe too, I think that's the Y scale axis dial. Lastly, if needed, if the shoes are closed toe, I make the figure's toes invisible. Usually this works, if not, then I try a differnt shoe, or leave the figure barefoot.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.