Fri, Oct 4, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: At the risk of another debate...

servo ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 3:17 PM · edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 9:40 AM

I had the misfortune of buying Vue 5 Infinite (my first ever Vue product) at the end of July, only to find that my access to content (and my promised $50 voucher) at the Cornucopia site was unavailable. I was strung along for first 1 week, then 2 weeks, then 3 weeks of promised recovery, and the site now just says offline until futher notice.

I've read in the thread below a little bit about this mess, and learned also to my chagrin that export functions have been screwed up as well.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was counting on this program and the promised $50 added content to do some business-related artwork during this past month. I've been scrounging for freebie trees everywhere I can to supplement the meager initial set included on the disk.

If and when E-on gets around to actually asking my opinion about how to handle things, one of things I want to say is, "How about at least some more $$ credit in store content as compensation for those of us who have been screwed by the screw up??"

(I would send this note to E-on directly, but I noted on their website you have to jump through a ton of hoops to even send them an email --- something that further irritates me.)

creed2003 ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 4:32 PM

Search the forum for free trees. There were a couple of posts a while back that had links to sites with free trees. Exactly what kind of trees are you looking for??? It's very easy to modify the supplied trees and suppliment your library that way. You can also check out a program called XFROG, see the article on the home page of this site. I've also seen some leaf mats and trunk mats in the free stuff section that you can apply to the existing Vue trees to create new ones. I'm also going to be posting later today a tutorial on how to apply procedural colors to the V5I trees to create realistic looking Fall trees. I'm also uploading some of the modified trees to the free stuff section. Although I agree this whole situation with E-ON and C3D has been frustrating, I'm sure they are working as fast as possible to get things back to normal. Hope this info helps!!! Jim

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 4:55 PM · edited Mon, 22 August 2005 at 4:58 PM

Don't get all excited about "free" trees. The store only has 2 trees...1 is a birch with maple leaves on it(wrong) & the other is a pine(won't comment). Hopefully they will correct the improper leaves provided :) That said, the store is young & more will probably become available over time. Just pay attention to the export capability, some items are locked for export.

As Creed says it's very easy to make your own leaves, provided you have a paint program.

If you have Poser, this opens ups many possibilites. Even if you don't, You can buy the trees at RDNA/DAZ as long as they are in CR2(.obj) format. Of course there would be tweaking necessary in reagrds to the tranparencies, same as Xfrog.

Keep in mind, you can use other formats other than .vob. There are MANY import options available for import.

That said, free trees/shrubs are hard to come by.

Message edited on: 08/22/2005 16:58

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 5:51 PM

servo; There is discussion regarding store credit, or some other form of brib-er, apology ongoing. More when things are decided.

niandji ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 9:18 AM · edited Tue, 23 August 2005 at 9:26 AM

Seeing as no one actually knew what the content of C3D was going to be before it opened, I'm a little surprised by your assertion that you were actually counting on being able to use the $50 voucher on suitable products for your business project.

As other have stated, some slightly incorrectly, C3D only had a few Solidgrowth Tree models at the time of opening; Autumn White Birch (with wrong leaves), Bulky Pine, Cone-shaped Pine, and Distant Pine Bundle (including prehistoric pines), but further content will be added as things progress.

As Dale has stated, the matter of possible compensation due to the inconvenience suffered by the problem launch of C3D is stil being discussed by E-on. If and when a decision is reached, I'm sure that everyone that is a registered Vue user will be informed.

Message edited on: 08/23/2005 09:26

servo ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 2:07 PM

My obviously erroneous assumption was that the amount and variety of quality content available would be considerable (and not just trees, that was an example). Now that I'm hearing this was mistaken too, I'm even more disappointed than I was originally. While I like the program's overall capabilities, I'm still feeling like I've been bait-and-switched in terms of content. I thought that the free trial content was purposefully limited, and the full version would have more; I acknowledge it's partly my fault for having high expectations, but that doesn't help the frustration much. I just hope E-on steps up to the plate and takes all this as important consumer feedback.

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2005 at 10:07 AM

You should never combine a feature enhancement(store enhancement) with a patch for resolving bugs. Hope e-on learns from that. At least it costs them a certain amount of money and customer satisfaction. Never have expections about the content of a store before it opens. I learned that from Poser5 Content Paradise. They made it much better this time in conjunction with the release of Poser6.

ksanderson ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2005 at 4:28 PM · edited Thu, 25 August 2005 at 4:32 PM

I don't understand what's so difficult for you about contacting e-on...they have a basic form to make sure they get the necessary info many would forget to include and they even have an alternate direct e-mail address (that's a bit riskier due to the amount of spam they get). The only thing I can think of is there might be a couple steps holding you up if you're not properly registered. So get registered if that's the case. I'm always logged in so I zip right in. A survey seeking opinions may be going out to registered users on Friday (August 26th) regarding Cornucopia according to a posting at the e-on forum.

Kevin

Message edited on: 08/25/2005 16:32

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.