Mon, Oct 21, 10:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Hair for new figures?

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 5:44 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I have a lot of different hair for V3. Both bought here at the market place or free (e.g. the fantastic Koz hair). Now I have EJ, Jessi, IngenueVicky and Miki. How do I fit the different hair best to these figures? Morphing them? Some are hair props and some are conforming figures. Any ideas? There is a hair fit for Grace Lion provided with IngenueVicky, but not for other hairstyles. Can I use the Wardrobe Wizard for conforming hair? Comments and Advice please

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 5:58 PM

WW is a great option for getting hair to fit other figures that are supported by WW. I use it all of the time. There are many hair styles already analyzed and uploaded at PhilC's Yahoo Group. Also, he has his own forums now for WW, and some of us are using our own host servers to host the .dat files we analyze. So check there to see if the hair you want to use is alreay analyzed. That way if it is, all you need to do is download and install the .dat file and then fit the hair to whatever figure you want it to fit.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 6:30 PM · edited Sat, 27 August 2005 at 6:32 PM

Ingenue Vicki comes with a pose for conforming hair - and that works perfectly.
Hair props are relatively easy to fit, moving and scaling is usually enough to get a decent fit. Sometimes you'll have to magnet it to the right shape.
When you have it right, export the .obj (be sure to UNcheck "As morph target"!) and reimport. Apply the textures, parent to the character's head and save to your hair library.
A similar approach is possible with conforming hair. A couple of steps:

• do NOT conform the hair
  • make sure the target figure is in zero pose
  • move and scale and magnet until the hair fits
  • export (don't weld identical vertices, keep group names)
  • reimport
  • switch to Setup room and apply the target figure (that'll make a figure out of your hair). Don't forget to rename the figure!
  • switch to Pose room, apply the zero pose (Windows->Joint Editor), memorise the figure and save your new hair figure to a libray
  • use Morph Manager to transfer the morphs of the original hair to your new hair
  • and if you're feeling lucky, open a CR2 editor and strip out unnecessary materials, the arm and leg bones, the IK chains, and make the hip and abdomen invisible and unselectable.

Message edited on: 08/27/2005 18:32

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2005 at 6:58 PM

Thanks for the hints. Another reason to get WW. Seems that it's easier than I thought. @svdl: Thanks for your hints too. Have to go through that in detail though ;-))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.