Mon, Sep 9, 5:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: P6 for 99 bucks

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 3:20 PM ยท edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 4:53 PM

Email went out from EF P6 upgrade from any version of poser for 99 bucks to celebrate 10 year anniversary (download only. Boxed is 129).

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 4:08 PM

not a bad deal from any version:-)

My website

YouTube Channel

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 4:25 PM

I saw a banner here something about a Poser amnesty and P6 for $99. The link takes you to..... http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1505/1/580?CID=196751 It says you can upgrade from any version. You get the electronic download version only (anyone know what the diiference is ?) and the offer expires on October 31, 2005.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 4:33 PM
Site Admin

There is no difference. The software is exactly the same, the only difference is that the boxed version includes a CD and a printed manual (oh, yeah, and a box).

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo espaรฑol

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle franรงais

Mi parolas Esperanton. ฤˆu vi?

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 6:07 PM

If this is a "clearance sale", it may be a hint that they are already alpha-testing P7.

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 6:09 PM

Not a clearance sale. Amnesty sale. but no -- not quite yet...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 7:07 PM

Why are they calling it an "amnesty" sale? Did Poser commit a crime?

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 7:11 PM

well, according to some people who seem to prefer talking about how bad it is instead of doing something with it....

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2005 at 7:17 PM

LOL! (Yipes! Must post something to my gallery soon.)

Pres ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 7:57 AM

Hey, I can finally upgrade my 1995 copy of Poser 1.0! :D (No, like, seriously. I just did.)

Gongyla ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 8:45 AM

"Digital River Web Server Error We're Sorry Please press back button to try again" after nihe tries, I gave up. There seems to be no limit for people living outside the us this time. Mmmm... First want to be sure...

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 9:43 AM

It's probably an "amnesty" sale like the one I upgraded to P4 with. It was a sale so that people who had bootleg versions of the software, or an older version from one of the magazine discs (like I did) can get a full legal version of the program. IIRC there was quite a to-do over it since it allowed people who had pirate copies to get the program cheaper than people who had bought a legit copy when it was released.

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 10:17 AM

Don't think it's that sorta thing, says you need your old serial number or other proof of a legal copy.

JHoagland ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 11:48 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 August 2005 at 11:51 AM

I think the "amnesty" means that you can get the upgrade price without needing Poser 5. You just supply your P4, Pro Pack, or Poser Artist serial number and you get P6 at $99.
I doubt this "amnesty" is being extended to pirated copies- you probably need a serial number for some part of the purchasing process.

You know, this seems very similar to the release of Poser 5. CL released it for a special price of $250 (approx) and then Amazon.com sold it for $99 a few months later.
With Poser 6, CL sold the boxed "white queen" edition for $250 (approx) and is now selling a downloadable copy for $99. Granted you don't get the nice box and CD and thick manual (and you have to wait for it to download), but still...

I said this when Poser 5 came out and I'll say it again now (because even I didn't take my own advice):
When Poser 7 comes out, do NOT buy it immediately. Wait 4-5 months until it's priced at $99.00. It happened twice before and it will probably happen again.
By waiting a few months, you'll get the patched version for a cheaper price. Sure, you may have to get the downloadable version, but you'll get it for less than 1/2 price!

--John

Message edited on: 08/31/2005 11:51

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.