Mon, Sep 9, 8:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Hurricane

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:12 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 1:33 AM

I have not seen my husband since Sunday. My daughter has not seen her boyfriend since Sunday. I haven't seen my daddy since Sunday. I am in Tallahassee, Florida. I'm a long way from my home and my family. I understand that the city I grew up in was flattened (Pascagoula, MS). I believe my home is still standing. I wrote this to let you all know that the area is devastated. I know that supplies are needed. There will be no ice, no water, no power, no phones for a very long time to come. I ask that you all please take note that New Orleans, LA was not the only location affected by this storm. South Mississippi is leveled. Two blocks inland, there are no standing homes. Please keep everyone in your prayers. I'm going to try to make it home tomorrow. Kristta PS. I won't be posting new pics for quite some time as I have no power......a tree fell on the line that fed into my house.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:17 PM

take care....everyones in my prayers and thoughts xoxox

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:21 PM

You just worry about staying safe, and we will be sending prayers your way for you and your family. I cannot believe the devastation I am seeing, I feel so sad for everyone involved. Marque

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:25 PM

McDonalds that I went on my first date to is gone. The local cheap dollar theater is gone. Houses that I know have been there for 170+ years are gone. I do not know that my mother has a home. I'm in another state with my kids. My oldest would do anything to hear from her boyfriend who's family decided to ride it out. I do not know if my father is alive. It's hard. It's very hard. Tomorrow, I will drive back roads and move trees in an attempt to get home with food, ice, and water (my husband does not have enough supplies to last more than 2 to 3 days). Bridges have been destroyed. It's horrible. Your prayers and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:31 PM

My friend has lost her home too...and doesnt know if she can leave where she is as the town has run out of gas...Im lucky I am in England..far far away from the devastation...but we do feel the devastation and pain. Take care, and drive safely.

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:32 PM

I have two friends, Renee and Russ... haven't heard from them. They live in Mississippi.. I don't know if they are still alive, no one has heard from them. This is terrible.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:40 PM

I am still missing a friend too. She is an artist here. We have heard she evacuated but of course I wont rest until i know shes safe and sound.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 6:40 PM

I am still missing a friend too. She is an artist here. We have heard she evacuated but of course I wont rest until i know shes safe and sound. Prayers and thought are with you all xox

BastBlack ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 7:11 PM

I can't even begin to understand just how bad it is. I am so, so saddened. I made it through Charlie, Frances, and Jean, and I thought that was horrible. It's nothing compaired to loosing entire cities. The pictures from Pascagoula are bad, mind-numbingly bad. But there may be hope you can find your friends and family. A woman I work with is from Biloxi, MS. Her whole family lives there. They made it okay. A friend of my sister also lives in Biloxi. She tried so hard to get him to leave, she's a paleoclimatologist and she telling him, "The Gulf is 91 degrees. It's going to bad. Get out of there." And he didn't leave because of his cats and dogs. She's been crying everyday because she could not convince him to leave. This morning, she heard from a friend he's alive and his house took major damage, but at least he made it. So maybe other people have too and they just can't get a word out that they're okay. For those of you understand the weather and how hurricanes work, Katrina lowered the temperature of the Gulf by stunning 6 degrees. They've never seen a hurricane that power. Unfortunately, we may see it happen again if the Gulf of Mexico gets superheated again. :( bB

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 8:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=11368

Prayers and Best wish to all who has been affected by the storm. If you can help please do. It is very bad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.