Thu, Oct 10, 10:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 bumpmaps- help needed!

maciek ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 9:35 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:03 PM

Hello All :) I'd like to ask for solution. I have the following problem with Poser6: Some time ago I noticed that closeup renders (P4 renderer) of mask-da's guns look worse than rendered in Poser4. Props look as if their bumpmap was too weak or unpresent. I tryed to change some settings in material room and noticed, that window, which should normally show the bumpmap is empty (no bumpmap chosen), but preview looked as if there were one. After switching to advanced mode I noticed, that my bumpmap window is connected to ,,gradient bump" not ,,bump" node. I converted all .bum to .jpg files but that did not change situation a bit :( Original .bum and .jpg bumpmaps are far too strong when applied manually with 100% strength (that setting worked perfectly in P4). I'd have to spend half of century trying to tune bumpmaps strength on my props and figures manually. Is there any way to make P4 renderer in poser6 work EXACTLY like the original one??? Is it another CL's "great improvement" or am I missing something? Thx in advance, maciek.

davo ( ) posted Wed, 31 August 2005 at 10:23 PM

I feel your pain my friend, I cannot get bump mapping to work worth a crap with the p5 or p6 firefly engine. However, you can use the p4 render engine in either program and make sure the "ignore shader trees" option is checked, this will make the bumpmapping work, however, the p5 or p6 shader nodes for the other materials will not work. I do extensive bump mapping on my models, and I have to use p4 pro pack to get any good results. I wish that E-Frontiers would re-visit the bump mapping issues and fix them, and have a clean translation from p4 to p5 and p6. I've noticed that on some of my scenes, when I save a scene and come back into p5, the bump mapping will drop off of several off the elements in my scene. Very bad. I hope some people have some good answers. Davo

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 12:01 AM

I've had success with .2 - .4 setting in firefly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.