Sun, Sep 22, 2:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Flash Photos

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2001 at 2:11 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:39 AM

file_150430.jpg

when your in a cave, you have to a flash to take a picture. you also have to appologize to everyone for blinding them for taking the picture. if you use a flash, it has to be offset from the center of the camera and be big enough to light the far corners. does anyone have problems or questions regarding using flash? i also like to use a flash in the daylight. see my fern & rock pic posted here.

Syyd ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2001 at 2:21 PM

Listen, all I have to say is my oh my.....this is bizarre....and beautiful......where was this Gwyn? Did you crop this just to show us? Id love to see what is below here! One of the best photos yet. Syyd

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2001 at 2:37 PM

Wow!!! That is way cool. What the heck are those things? If you have to use flash then you have no choice. If this was just a day trip to a cave then it was most probably impracticle to drag in lights and a generator. Flash though can be used to great effect. 'Syncro Sunlight' can make a back lit figure jump right out at you. Flash and a slow exposure can look really artistic if done right. But straight on flash is usually very bland and flat. I think flash has worked out pretty well in this Gwyn. Colm...

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2001 at 3:07 PM

this is a picture from Boyden Caverens in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Kings Canyon National Park. the stalactites are like icicles or curtains. Check out my Fairie Castle in the regular gallery, i think you will like it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.